Author: reportersh

Criticism and Self-Criticism, Thoughts on US abundance and Energy Crisis. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-30 19:40:33 |Display all floors
Anyway, you sounds like a sweet American cookie though rare.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-30 20:00:53 |Display all floors
For sth. about Haagen-Daaz ice cream,I think it is just a method to generalize the brand,which just grabed and holded Chinese consume psychology.
Also Chinese can creat a luxury brand in China or other countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-30 21:06:48 |Display all floors
I was enjoying your travelogue at the beginning, maybe because it was reporting what I think are the usual reactions of travellers to the USA. It is a country of mostly warm friendly people.

Just a word of advice. If a guy in a gym starts telling you that he feels "erotica" about rising China, you'd better get off your exercise bike and move away from him! That's being too warm and friendly! But hopefully that was a misunderstanding?

I agree they have some great prices there in the USA. The Canadian dollar has near parity with the US dollar now but our prices are on average 18% higher (as I remember) than US prices. No wonder cross border shopping is so popular with Canadians.

Too bad you weren't let into the nightclub. I was surprised about your passport issue. If fact I went upstairs and checked Mrs. Rong's old PRC passport and indeed there are no height, weight, or eye colour data fields on the PRC document. Will that change? I think passports are being standaridised around the world.

My suggest here is that the next time you want to get in you take a leaf from Eddie Murphy's playbook. Just say in a loud, friendly voice  " Say, IS this a CHINESE thing?", and play up that angle.

Your last 4 paragraphs after the hispanic nightclub incident, don't really tie in well with your travel observations. I suggest you leave the historical and international aspects for another post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 22:26:22 |Display all floors
seneca, obviously, when i said "most americans are nice" i hesistated, realizing that there are super China-haters like you.  Once again, your comment fortified my observation.

when i said, when US looted and robbed countries like China, i never say US owes all its wealth to robbing China.  What makes you jump to that logic? Is that a little voice telling you about the dark saga of US history which makes  you guilty?

[ Last edited by reportersh at 2008-7-1 11:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 22:40:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reportersh at 2008-7-1 22:26
seneca, obviously, when i said "most americans are nice" i hesistated, realizing that there are super China-haters like you.  Once again, your comment fortified my observation.

when i ...

Seneca is not an American. You can descry this from his English writing. He is probably from Germany. Yet, he never dare uncover his nationality and refuses to say he loves his own country.

Never mind, he hates everyone including himself and every country including his original country. He has a Chinese wife but he hates China like poison. He calls Chinese  the Yellow Perils. He never tries to respect his wife's feeling. He is just a misanthropist.

Cut him some slacks.

[ Last edited by cnoabt at 2008-7-1 10:44 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 23:37:55 |Display all floors
I hope you're a tailor.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 23:59:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cnoabt at 2008-7-1 22:40
Seneca is not an American. You can descry this from his English writing. He is probably from Germany. Yet, he never dare uncover his nationality and refuses to say he loves his own country.

He is a super China-hater.

But at the other side, I admire him on how to sacrifice his life and feeling to fulfill his anti-China agenda, even living among the people he hate.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2008-7-2 12:38 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.