Author: deananash

I have a "spare kidney" and a soldier is wanted [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-10 13:57:48 |Display all floors
I write the message in Chinese, a little different from the English content. I think my Chinese is not too bad.

一个肾脏等待捐给军人

捐肾人是个48岁、男性、大约173公分、75公斤、血液A型、终身不酒、不抽烟的健康人.
他相信他用一个肾活下去是没有问题的.
他对军人怀有敬意,也和中国人有过紧密接触(在某__中学教过书), 所以倾向捐给一位中国军人(现役/退休).
如果这心意下个夏天前不能完成的话, 他将捐赠给最近的国家---澳洲或者日本有需要的人.

如果您了解他可以完成帮助他喜欢的人得到的快乐,您不会认为他只想宣传自己. 他在2008年6月的英文中国日报论坛发放了这信息. 我和他交换了意见,他表示欢迎我把他的信息用中文在中文论坛上传开去. 如果您认为这善意值得鼓励,请把信息传开去. 在以下网址可联络他
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... &extra=page%3D1

Better just provide this website and forget about the dot com.
(the English below is machine translation of the above English.

A kidney waited for that donates the serviceman Contributes the kidney person is the healthy persons who 48 year old, the male, about 173 centimeter, 75 kilograms, blood A, lifelong the liquor, does not smoke. He believed that he uses a kidney to go on living does not have the question. He harbors the respect to the serviceman, also has the close contact with the Chinese (middle school to teach in some _ the _), therefore the tendency donates a Chinese serviceman (active duty/retirement). If this regard next summer ago cannot complete, he will donate gives the recent country---Human who Australia or Japan have the need. If you understood that the joy which he may complete helps him to like the human who obtains, you will not think that he only wants to propagandize itself. He has provided this information in June's, 2008 English China Daily forum. I and he have exchanged the opinion, he indicated that welcome me to expunge from a list his information with Chinese in Chinese forum upload. If you thought that this good intentions are worth encouraging, please spread the information. May contact him in the following website . http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... &extra=page%3D1 )
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 15:46:20 |Display all floors
Please allow me to be on behalf of Chinese citizens, thank you, thank you very much.

BTW: any news on your donation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-11 09:09:39 |Display all floors
Deananash ,I wonder if the Chinese message I wrote has twisted your meaning about the protential receiver.
You wrote in the first post --"if you ARE a soldier". You want to exclude retired soldiers?
And does the Chinese message need to add phrase like "the donor reserves the rights to choose his receiver." to protect your interest? I don't know the legal issue on the internet concerning a proposal.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-11 13:19:27 |Display all floors
amyamy, you are astute, as I would prefer to donate to a current soldier.  Mostly because they are generally younger (under 50), which means the kidney has more potential 'life' (in terms of years).   However, I truly appreciate the sacrifices that all soldiers (be they young, old or retired) are willing to make in order to protect and defend their respective countries.  Of course, not all soldiers are honorable, but the vast majority are, and their efforts are worth praising and rewarding.

To be honest, the English translation (of the Chinese) makes no sense.  That isn't important though.  What is important is if it makes sense in Chinese.  (I'm not qualified to say, so I'll simply trust you.)  

Do you know Shenzhen Zhong Xue?  It is a wonderful school with the most OUTSTANDING students that I could ever have imagined.  For the Fall of '09, SZZX graduates will be heading to Tsinghua, Peking University, Yale, Brown, Chicago, UPenn, et al.  I had the privilege of teaching there full-time for 2 years in addition to having volunteered there part-time during my other three years here in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-11 18:56:31 |Display all floors
This is my two cents' worth of the Chinese translation .

"  A potential donor of a kidney to a soldier . ( An American ).

This volunteer is a male , 48 years old , 1.73 m , 735kgm ,of blood type A , healthy and has never smoked or drunk alcohol .
He is confident that his remaining healthy kidney can see him through life normally .
He has the greatest respect and admiration for Chinese servicemen and women , active or retired . He has been connected with teaching in a Chinese high school for several years .
If his offer is not taken up by next summer , he will try some of the other nations close by : Japan or Australia . "

Again let me say how touched I am with your offer . Salute .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-11 19:30:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-7-11 20:56
He is confident that his remaining healthy kidney can see him through life normally .

..... and that his twin brother will not suffer any accident or illness which may require a kidney donation with no risk of rejection.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-11 19:41:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-7-11 19:30

..... and that his twin brother will not suffer any accident or illness which may require a kidney donation with no risk of rejection.

What is this remark in aid of ? Kidneys are now widely accepted by recipients who are not related to the donors . His twin , if he ever needs a kidney , or vice versa , can get a donor organ from the general public as long as the tissues are matching .  Every live donor of kidneys run a risk of needing one back in later life . On the other hand , most renal toxic illnesses do affect both kidneys evenly and equally . :):)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.