Author: middleway

Why Do The Chinese Insist On Carrying Fridges On Their Backs??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-28 14:08:27 |Display all floors

ENOUGH said & DONE...

Originally posted by middleway at 6/26/08 02:23 AM
I love the photo headline the China Daily today, showing a Beichuan locals returning to their homes to gather their "belongings", with one guy carrying A FULL SIZED FRIDGE ON HIS BACK!!!! ...

go back to your little corner & read somethin' 'bout china so you'd have better understandin of her...and for now you DONT deserve to have your avatar just like that i SAID  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-28 17:06:36 |Display all floors
come on guys! don't be so sensitive! it is quite unique to china! and quite amazing! It simply amazes me the skill in balancing so many objects on a single bike! yes, i realise that these people are poor, I'm not making a joke about that. they mustn't be doing too bad with a fridge the size of that. if they were poor and couldn't afford food then they wouldn't need such a big fridge would they?

and for the record, I'm not fat, I'm actually skinny, so you can joke away about my fat gut that doesn't exist all you want! I wish I could put on weight! I've been skinny all my life!

And yes, China will soon learn that being fat is simply to do with the wealth of the general population of the country. Just wait and see, fat CHinese are starting to appear everywhere. At least western people get out and do exercise. I hardly ever see asians exercising, all just sit in tiny little houses all day. China will explode in fatness in the future I'm predicting.

(that ought to stir up some comments) :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-28 17:09:17 |Display all floors

Actually the police should be more strict

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-28 19:11:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 441424 at 2008-6-28 17:09

with them. Its is very dangerous to see them in traffic and accidents are happening all over in Guangzhou because of overloaded bikes.

We have a seemingly nice traffic policeman in Chengdu. He is followed round by a camera crew from one of the local TV stations. Whenever he spots someone on the road doing something potentially dangerous, regardless of whether it is a car driver, motor cyclist, cyclist or pedestrian, he proceeds to give them a lecture on road safety for the benefit of Chengdu viewers.

I don't know if it's the sheer embarasment of loosing face on TV or whether their bladders are full to bursting by the time he has finished with them but the body language is fascinating. On a good day he will invite a passer by or a member of the offenders family to tell everybody how stupid the offender is. Wonderful community policing.

I wish he'd stop Mrs FD some day because she doesn't listen to me.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-28 20:07:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fatdragon at 2008-6-28 19:11
...he proceeds to give them a lecture on road safety for the benefit of Chengdu viewers...

I've got a few traffic tickets in my time. If the cop comes up to the car window and starts lecturing me fairly quickly, and if I look contrite enough, then my experience tells me there will be a small ticket, or maybe no ticket at all.

But if the cop just asks for licence and registration and doesn't say much at all, then I figure I'm going to get a heavy fine.

If Mrs. FD does get stopped by your traffic policeman, would you be willing to offer commentary on her wild and lawless behaviour in return for a fine reduction?  Interesting dilemma.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-28 20:17:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by middleway at 2008-6-26 17:23
I love the photo headline the China Daily today, showing a Beichuan locals returning to their homes to gather their "belongings", with one guy carrying A FULL SIZED FRIDGE ON HIS BACK!!!! ...

I've seen the same thing in Nepal.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-28 20:51:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2008-6-28 20:07

If Mrs. FD does get stopped by your traffic policeman, would you be willing to offer commentary on her wild and lawless behaviour in return for a fine reduction?  Interesting dilemma.  ...

I guess it depends on how long I wish to live. I have a theory she would pass herself off as my interpreter and blame it all on the lao wai screaming.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.