Author: jordan_c_fan

Is China Ready To Be The Leader Of The World?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-25 15:30:33 |Display all floors

Reply #14 cnoabt's post

The trouble with becoming more "visible" on the world stage is that this kinda of thing is going to happen more and more and it won't go away just because Chinese people are angry about it. China is but one nation in a world of nations. I don't like any nation, or person being called a scumbag and it isn't a nice word to use but thicker skins are part of our makeup now and China needs to get one too, as a nation and as individuals. My motto is...."peace y'all!" and I genuinely wish it upon every person and every nation in this world.
Think about how the US has to grin and bear it because they do as they do. They have the ability, should they wish, to do what China may wish to do, which is to "flip the bird" and tell you to get stuffed and back it up with a lot of hard (military) power should they so choose. Right now, China isn't in that position so grinning and bearing it is the only option......it's a cruel world sometimes, but it's the only one we have and it sure as hell isn't perfect, just like us all as individuals or nations. What's needed is understanding that people like Sharon Stone are but one voice, albeit visible, and one voice doesn't have a concensus to speak for all, nor does CNN or the BBC etc. Bear this in mind before you vent anger at a nation or race in general. Cheers!

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2008-6-25 03:32 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 15:48:33 |Display all floors
Wow. What a silly post.

The US is the most religiously diverse nation on the Earth and one of a handful which does not establish laws respecting religious belief, neither in its favor nor against it.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 16:19:06 |Display all floors

Reply #15 exportedkiwi's post

Can't get any useful tip from you. And luckily you just teach English in China. What I perceive is  your preference to you Westerners and prejudice against China.

Well, here are many yankee here. What they can comment are " silly" word but nothing. Did they learn "scumbag" from their ex-president? Hope they don't.

[ Last edited by cnoabt at 2008-6-25 04:25 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 22:20:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-6-25 22:14
China 'THE' leader of the world?

A leader whose supporters hold such parochial views as the OP cannot be an acclaimed leader!

Those supporters have much better sense of reality  of world than those who live in beautiful house, drive BMW and have enough money in their 401K.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 04:44:56 |Display all floors

answer for #024, traitor_evict

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 06:34:33 |Display all floors

answer for #5, satsu_jin

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 07:36:59 |Display all floors

Reply #17 cnoabt's post

Hi cn, I'm not quite sure what your meaning is in your post but it is slightly insulting. I'd ask you to retract it please as I am, in no way, prejudiced against any nation or race...especially not China as is evidenced by more than 1000 posts here. Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.