Author: emucentral

World's Best Tourists !!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-24 19:41:04 |Display all floors

Ok Deutschlanders, settle down boys.

I've been to Germany a number of times and I've found the overwhelming majority of people to be very kind and helpful.
Germany is one of my favourite places in Europe because of my good experiences there.

So, despite the reputation of some German and British tourists, I am actually not surprised that Germans have a good reputation internationally (I am more surprised of Australia's good standing !!)
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 19:56:52 |Display all floors

Money talks again .

These " international surveys " are a dime a dozen . They are entertaining but have as much value as tea leaves reading . Who are these " internationals " ?

The best tourists in the world are the tourists themselves . Every nation is competing for a bigger share of the tourist trade . Chinese tourists form the biggest and most attractive potential over the next decade . So it is the Chinese who are the target of the tourist advertisements .

Tourists behave as tourists . They are on holidays , they want fun and sun and service . They should be in a good mood . Their behavior may have nothing to do with their real selves at home or away from their holidays. To mix these different scenarios and circumstances up and pronounce conclusions is very flawed indeed .

Confucius said  " A rich tourist is a good tourist " . Haha .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 20:02:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-6-24 21:56
These " international surveys " are a dime a dozen . They are entertaining but have as much value as tea leaves reading .

Ahh, Mengzhi has obviously read the report as he's trying to discredit it already, lest further details be revealed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 20:22:03 |Display all floors

my lips are SEALED...

Originally posted by emucentral at 6/24/08 03:04 AM
A report published in Australian newspapers carried the results of an international survey to determine who made the "best" tourists.

Some of my countrymen will be disappointed to le ...

strongly agree with the top 10 contestants or even the top 50 if you want to modify a little for me...americans are just a whole bunch of hooligans wherever we show our faces  

a good example to prove my point is my very own family whenever (yeah whenever & wherever we travel) we travel to overseas/domestic...but thank GOD people didnt say look at these CHINEASE (otherwise, the CHEN's family will be all in jail for punchin & kickin the innocent) but look at these americans reject   ;P

warning:  if you us coming...please make way & stay away as fast & as far if you could; you just dont know how we react at the very last minute  ;P

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 20:43:56 |Display all floors

Be nice to your tourists .

emu,

I don't do reading of such scatter brain " surveys ".  They make Big Brother look like a serious study in psychiatry . Do you know how these surveys work ?  You put out your results first  and then you do the survey to confirm your wish .  Child's play and as worthwhile in the big scheme of things .

Tourism to and from China will be the biggest item on that horizon . Look at what France is suffering right now , when they p!ssed the Chinese off  ( Napoleon and his naughty tantrums ) . 70% down in tourist to France from China .

As any businessman will tell you : The customer is always right . The Chinese are the big customers mate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 21:53:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-6-24 22:43
I don't do reading of such scatter brain " surveys ".

Well I can understand your reaction to the survey Mengzhi.

Of course if it said the opposite of what it currently indicates, you'd be all over it like a rash.

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-6-24 22:43
Be nice to your tourists .

I think the problem indicated was that it's some tourists who need to be nicer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 22:01:59 |Display all floors

France can easily compensate you

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.