Views: 12023|Replies: 65

World's Best Tourists !!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-24 16:04:29 |Display all floors
A report published in Australian newspapers carried the results of an international survey to determine who made the "best" tourists.
Among the topics probed were tourists' behaviour, manners, generosity, willingness to learn the language and try local cuisine and their propensity to complain.
Japanese tourists took out the top overall place, followed by the British and Germans in joint second place, and the Canadians in third position.
Australians were ranked in joint sixth place with Swedes, and were singled out for their generosity and politeness, coming in at fourth place in both categories.
But they (Australians) were in the lower ranks for dress standards and effort to eat local cuisine.

Some of my countrymen will be disappointed to learn that Australians were beaten by the British but pleased that we came out better than our Kiwi neighbours.

The overall winners were Japan, who had the best, most polite, etc, tourists.
Top ten places were;
1. Japanese
2. British/Germans
3. Canadians
4. Swiss
5. Dutch
6. Australians/Swedes
7. Belgians
8. Norwegians
9. Austrians/Danes/ Finnish
10. New Zealanders

Since China will be having a major influx of tourists over the Olympic period, Chinese readers should be reassured that this "top ten" (actually 14 nations listed) should be the easiest to deal with !!

Personally I didn't think Australians would be quite that high on the list, judging by the behaviour I've seen of some of my "yobbo" countrymen overseas, but I guess for every jerk, there's obviously a dozen or so people who give a good impression. I do agree that the Japanese appear to be very well behaved tourists.

Well, what do other forumites think ?
Does this correspond with your own experiences ?

source, "The Age" website.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-24 18:47:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-6-24 17:04
A report published in Australian newspapers carried the results of an international survey to determine who made the "best" tourists.

Some of my countrymen will be disappointed to le ...

While I agree with the no.1 spot I'm surprised that there are no Americans among the top ten and that Germany is so high up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 18:58:06 |Display all floors

I am not surprised at all ...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-24 19:02:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pariah at 2008-6-24 19:58
.... look at me !

That's what I mean. If you'd been taken into this poll Germany probably would have ended in the last spot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 19:03:37 |Display all floors

Hey, du gauner ...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-24 19:04:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pariah at 2008-6-24 20:03

... do not paint me all in black.

:):)

I stick to nature, I only paint you in Green.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 19:09:50 |Display all floors

Okay

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.