Author: chrisaaron

The coming war_iran, what should we do? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-25 13:47:54 |Display all floors

Reply #13 interesting's post

Yeah, but it's long been a stated policy of the US that any attack on it, or it's forces using WMD will be responded to in kind...you hit us with a nuke, we'll hit you back. Overwhelming conventional forces look good on paper, but they're not doing much good right now are they?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 13:48:49 |Display all floors
RD,

No one is talking about an invasion and there are clear precedents for strikes to eliminate clear and present dangers presented by military/industrial assets such as the Osirak strike, destruction of Iraqi anti-aircraft in the 1990s and even piracy suppression. All it takes from there is international consensus, which exists by default due to the non-proliferation treaty.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 13:49:05 |Display all floors

Reply #12 tongluren's post

Do you include national(ism) amongst your isms? if so, we'd be better of without some folks here too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 13:54:06 |Display all floors
Kiwi,

To my knowledge the United States has made no use policy for its nuclear arsenal clear except on a case by case basis and the 1978 NUP. Moreover, you need to keep in mind that I'm not talking about the occupation of the country. Let's both agree on the obvious: had the US simply taken up the goal of destroying Hussein's regime and then left, "Mission Accomplished" would be the appropriate description.

You're talking about having to crack the glass later for oil, I'm talking about just bombing the hell out of the government and its military before going home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 14:20:57 |Display all floors

Reply #17 interesting's post

Agreed, which is why they should just slip Israels leash and lettem go at it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 19:29:34 |Display all floors
Kiwi,

Might happen, might not. I'm not really sure what the thinking is on it but Israel can't do anything without our or Turkey's say so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 19:36:50 |Display all floors

Actually China could play a much more active role

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.