Author: zzxxll

there are a lot of fake numbers in socioeconomic statistics in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-23 15:24:28 |Display all floors
in northeast China, there is no cooperation between the statistics bureau and tax bureau.

no one think seriously about the figures.

the chinese local government fool the chinese civilians

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 21:05:43 |Display all floors
but in my region, the different levels of governments provide and declare socioeconomic statistics in a lower line beside the data involving real estate price and bubble. untruth and fake are common actually. for an instance, it is so dramatic for those companies in telling their revenue and profits to investors in stockmarket, and soon in another season, those companies told data at zero ground.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 21:11:15 |Display all floors
because of opacity system, public always lack proof at an overall level, but they can obviously perceive untruth and fake according to their life and what they watch and sense. it is certain there many are unbelievable in socioeconomic statistics.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 21:13:20 |Display all floors
in addition, hiding profit is an instinct of capitalist and now it has become an instinct of a local authority who is a vested interest in a certain  profit chain

[ Last edited by pegasus01 at 2008-6-23 09:14 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 16:45:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chrisaaron at 2008-6-23 14:58
i know it's ordinary for bureaucrats in north and inland china to highten statistics for achievment in their posts,
but it's done contrarily in south and coastland, the bureaucrates and bussiness ...

tell us more what you know,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 19:28:49 |Display all floors
It's apparent that figures are "overexaggerated. The GDP is something like US2500/person. Now in ordeer for that to be happening, a lot of people (in China) must be earning a huge amount but an even vaster number are earning next to nothing. I read somewhere that something like 5-700 million Chinese are living on a very bare minimum income so where does the GDP figure come from I wonder.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 22:31:00 |Display all floors
Kiwi,

It comes from China's most famous delicacy: cooked books.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.