Author: ptbptb

“童子鸡”旅游局译名 Steamed pullet,对吗? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-17 13:28:57 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-7-17 13:27

some of the sutras books i read.......:)
Budbks 1.jpg
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-17 13:29:45 |Display all floors

Budbks 2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-17 13:30:43 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-7-17 13:29

Budbks.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-17 13:31:38 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-7-17 13:28

Budbks2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 12:38:48 |Display all floors

layman's interpretation

Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-7-17 13:13

what you translated is what i got from the english version of Gate Gate Paragate Paramsamgate Bodhishva ------------> it describes how Guan Yin crosses over to the other shore using her ears ...

From your library of books, you are definitely a serious scholar. I the novice therefore pay my respects to you.

My personal interpretation could be wrong and I would be committing a serious Buddhist sin to claim that it is a correct or proper interpretation. Nevertheless, I find it quite helpful in visualizing in a down-to-earth manner, the words: Gate Gate Paragate Parasangate. For whatever it is worth, I would like to share my thoughts as the last of my 三板斧!
Given that Lord Buddha was born in Lumbhini, which is in Nepal, I find that drawing on the Nepalese language seems to help in seeing the few words in the Mantra in a pictorial form.

The word for "gone" in Nepalese is "Goyo", which would appear to be derived from the Sanskrit word "Gate".  
The Nepalese equivalent of :To gingerly walk across a wide & shallow, but fast flowing river, as is often necessary in the mountains, sure-footedly, one step at a time, or 涉水而过 or 摸着石头过河 is: "Khola (river) PARnu (to cross)." Please note the word PAR.
Then again, the word for together in Nepalese is SANGei. Again please note the word SANG.
So if we look at "Gate, Gate, Pargate, Parsangate" and turn it into present day Nepalese, it might look like " GOYO, GOYO, khola PARrera GOYO, khola SANGei PARrera GOYO". The meaning for it in mixed English and Chinese would be: gone, gone, gone to the other side of the river by 涉水而过 or by 摸着石头过河, and together is the river crossed to the other side like this. The other side of the river is of course the land of Prajna Paramita, the land where perfection of wisdom exists.
So rather than keep a blank mind, this is the picture I conjure up as I recite Gate Gate Paragate Parasangate. Bhodi Svaha. Don't know if I am right, but that is how I see it.   

[ Last edited by lobsang at 2008-7-18 01:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 13:19:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lobsang at 2008-7-18 12:38

From your library of book, you are definitely a serious scholar. I the novice therefore pay my respects to you.

My personal interpretation could be wrong and I would be committing a serio ...

pls do not be worried if your interpretation is right or wrong as Buddha does not say it is wrong to think that way........

Buddha only said if someone declared he is Buddha or 1st returner Arahant, than that is a BIG WRONG, a LIE

Prajna Paramita is what we aim for in NIRVANA........
so the aim is endless(void)........

also don't worry about the books i read, it is merely knowledge to refute many who simply tell lies about sutras/karmas like you know FLG/ DL's Stone&Geery......

my Lama Sonam showed/gave me the Tibetan sutra on Amitabha......so some of the words you wrote i can relate.......

my Master Kai Lun taught me about Amitoufu Sutras & say he is King of Buddhas

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 14:38:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lobsang at 2008-7-18 12:38

From your library of books, you are definitely a serious scholar. I the novice therefore pay my respects to you.

My personal interpretation could be wrong and I would be committing a seri ...

when i meditate in double Lotus position, initially my mind is filled with so many thoughts.......as i progresses, i find them getting less & less, i think of the word A-mi-tou-fo so as not to fall asleep.......& finally my mind is blank.......sometimes when i think of Buddha image, my mind feels so balanced........it is a good feeling i can say.......but is still a long way to being Arahant Nirvana

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.