Author: ptbptb

“童子鸡”旅游局译名 Steamed pullet,对吗? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-4 17:47:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lobsang at 2008-7-3 17:45

A pleasure sir to share thoughts with like-minded people.

Thxs!!!

it is very RARE to meet a Good knowlegeable one like you

Pls write if you hv more to share........

I also met a Lama & talked with him
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-11 16:13:46 |Display all floors
so funny~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-11 16:15:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-7-4 17:47

Thxs!!!

Lama??  Dalai??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 18:55:53 |Display all floors

Thxs!!!

Thxs!!!

Many thanks but I dare not accept such undeserved compliment, as we say in Chinese 不敢当。Its just my attempt like 程咬金 in trying out my 三板斧。

Most nights, I try to understand the Heart Sutra, reciting the Sutra sentence by sentence, translating them into lay terms, trying to understand what they mean. I have not so far succeeded in reaching the end of the Sutra, because I would have invariably fallen asleep well before that. However, I would like to share with you what I have figured out in mathematical terms the following:
色不异空,空不异色。色即是空,空即是色, i.e  Form is no different from emptiness and Emptiness is no different from form.  Indeed, form is emptiness and Emptiness is form. The Hindus extended this philosophy into mathematics and invented the symbol 0 (which  has a form) to represent nothingness, and this is a great invention. Because without 0, mathematics and science would never have reached what they have achieved today. Take the Roman symbols I, II, III, IV, V, Vi, VII, VIII, IX, X ...etc. Try a  simple addition of 13 to 130 in Roman symbols and one would soon find oneself stuck like a squealing p g. The power of zero is also shown up in binary arithmetic, the 1's and 0's, again without zero computers could never have been designed and built. So the application of the concept of  色不异空,空不异色。色即是空,空即是色 has been a wondrous one, and the wisdom was expressed some 2500 years ago. By induction, all the other philosophies expressed in 心经 would necessarily be just as true. And therein lies the attraction and fun in trying to understand and figure out all the other thoughts expressed in the Sutra.
I had occasion to browse through a book by that charlatan monk DL, on the Heart Sutra, and guess what: it was all mumbo jumbo, wrapping the whole thing up in a veil of mysticism. There are enough of these people around, cheating people for an existence. The FLG and DL make a good pair. Some suckers in the West will fall for their mumbo jumbo, but most of the time, this duo have been used as pawns by the West in their anti-China campaign.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-14 10:46:55 |Display all floors

张立is the guy to ask

Thxs!!!

:) Thxs, but I am just another dabbler. In front of serious scholars, I am a little boy. Other people deserve the Kudo.

Actually 张立is the guy to ask. He writes short columns, from time to time,  in the 香港信报。I remember reading his contributions on 心经 a few years ago, and found his articles very enlightening.  Visit 佛哲书社if you have the time, there are 5 of them and they all seem well stocked. I was at one time looking high and low for a 汉藏字典 in 北京and 上海 but could not find one, and was surprised to find a singular copy at the 佛哲书社, collecting dust on the bookshelf。I believe in Nidana(缘分), and feel that it was waiting for me.

I tried writing a short passage on the little I thought I knew about 心经, but the computer must have found the dissertation (my 三板斧on 心经) irrelevant, and refused to let it through. But it is just as well, as it must have sounded like gibberish anyways. I can also appreciate it as CD is not a newspaper for discussions on 心经.

Where is the Lama from?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-14 12:15:32 |Display all floors

Lama may tell you more

Thxs!!!

Tks! CD rightly thiks otherwise and does not allow me to post -twice I tried with no success.

Your Lama friend may tell you more. Where is he from?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-14 16:42:19 |Display all floors

Reply #22 caringhk's post

I am locked out. Dunno why

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.