Author: i2vision

What is American culture [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-19 20:49:05 |Display all floors

Hm...

... I would say that America has a very healthy and diverse culture - ranging from the high to the low brow.  An example of this is the American culture's ability to take a healthy look at government and government officials - and joke about it, as represented in a couple of other threads here at the China Daily BBS...

Oops, my mistake - there is just the running joke that there are no jokes about P.R. Chinese Government or Government Officials!
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 20:50:11 |Display all floors

american culture at its BEST...

doesnt matter how bad or how poor american culture...ev'ryone seems to adopting it day-by-day from eating to fashion.  the individual must know what is good nor bad for her/him/self.  the way i look at chinese youth today is totally much much different than 5 years ago...and i'm not sayin that is a good turn around (2 much hollywood, hiphop, fashion...especially right behind the japanese youth) and i'm NOT old school type either.  you MUST know what's good & bad for you out there...but most kids DONT care too much 'bout it 'til they hit the WALL  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 20:51:51 |Display all floors
money $$$$$

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 20:55:29 |Display all floors
naked women?

From young millionaire heiress Paris Hilton's sex video tape to old hag Sharon Stone's Instinct.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 21:09:14 |Display all floors

Us color culture.

I was at a pub and I saw a few guys at the bar counter talking a bit loud.  I went over and said " wazzup ,bro"
a guy said" Yo, wazzup" to make me felt comfortable.

So, I asked " you are africa American? How can I get the right way to address you?" Call me "Black" . The White use this to address us.

I asked Whatelse did the white call the rest of your bro at the counter? The man said"what do you mean?"

As he realized , the one next to him is 60% black, the next is 80% black,...... till the last one is 100%.

Well,the white do have a color system.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 21:15:31 |Display all floors

Reply #12 i2vision's post

<Chuckle> that is dealer's definition about diversity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 21:16:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cnoabt at 2008-6-19 21:15
<Chuckle> that is dealer's definition about diversity.

I think I miss something here. Care to explain?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.