Author: 441424

Family break-ups in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-18 09:14:56 |Display all floors
On the subject of English :

One of those .........members is banned .  Rather than one of those ........ members are banned . Just pointing out that it spares a lot of embarrassment if one could put the brain in gear before engaging the mouth .

kiwi ,

And I agree with you . Divorce in the west is antiquated . If you never get married in the first place , you cannot divorce in the second .   Bad western yellow culture indeed .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 09:19:58 |Display all floors
Kiwi,

Self-aggrandizing? Please. Perhaps you are showing your age here, but why should two people who do not like each other stick out a relationship?
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 09:22:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-18 01:27
No offense northwest - but after your tirade with my wife, you got little room to start talking about seneca's wife.

As it stands - the ladies of China have spoken, with their passports.

It's my mistake and I've apologized for that Mr. Panda. The words came out because of my desperation in facing you, a trained psyop.

Largely different from seneka, he cursed everything Chinese, yet marry one and refuse to leave.

I don't blame Chinese ladies to marry laowai if that's on equal basis and mutual affection. You always think we're fed up with this, I dont'.

It's normal for someone from a more developed countries easier to find wives from other less developed. China also experience this with neighboring countries.

You may feel the anger seneka has in his head and how he develop unspokeable hatred toward Chinese, yet he's living among them.

He hail Cafferty's remark and then I ask him, if so why he live among Chinese even marry one?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 09:32:03 |Display all floors
With all the time North spends here and the sorts of weird things he says, I can see only two possibilities: the Chinese education system is of at least decent quality and he has a low GPA, the Chinese education system is just a name and he has a high GPA.

Which is it North?
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 15:02:48 |Display all floors

My posting was a response to this post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 15:05:58 |Display all floors
"50% of all marriages in the America end in divorce."

That is a staggering 1 in 2 marriages! What the hell is going on there?
Not only that, but the figure does not account for cheating.
The other 50 % cheat on their wives/spouse/partners regularly!

The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage:

According to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri:

50% percent of first marriages,
67% of second ,
74% of third marriages end in divorce.

[ Last edited by buddy35 at 2008-6-18 03:07 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 15:09:26 |Display all floors

whampoa

我没病,所以没吃药。
i might be crazy, but i am not sick ;-)

and by the way, in that chinese sentence, you didn't need the word 是, your grammar is not so good

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.