Author: chinadaily

Group tour travelers set their sights on the US [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-20 09:51:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 6/18/2008 11:54 AM
I feel really fortunate to have Chinese in-laws so that when I travel there, I can meet real people and sort of blend a little with the local lifestyle.  

Ahem on that - also helps in avoid the usual "me speak no English" B.S. when dealing with haggling for items.

It was a bit of culture shock when my wife came to America and saw set pricing.  She was in heaven a couple of weeks ago when we traded in my old truck for a family friendly sedan - I have never seen a group of grown men ever get so browbeatten before in my life.

Regardless - for those folks in China that are thinking of coming to the Chicago area...  well, like PJ said about New York City - get a local guide!

[ Last edited by tradervic at 2008-6-19 08:52 PM ]
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 10:54:32 |Display all floors
What's amusing is that the Chinese like to make it sound as if the US didn't previously allow the Chinese.  That wasn't true.  The USA doesn't like tour groups from any country.  If the Chinese dropped their ludicrous obsession with tours (where they only eat chinese food, and only stay at chinese hotels - so what's the point) they might actuially enjoy travel rather than just do it as a duty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 13:16:52 |Display all floors

how much

about 36,890 yuan for visiting USA. California

[ Last edited by taurusliu at 2008-6-20 01:18 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 13:26:27 |Display all floors

Reply #24 taurusliu's post

From where?

Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 13:36:18 |Display all floors

The great interest in the USA

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-20 13:40:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by renegadedog9 at 2008-6-20 11:54
What's amusing is that the Chinese like to make it sound as if the US didn't previously allow the Chinese.  That wasn't true.  The USA doesn't like tour groups from any country.  If the Chinese dro ...

Are you sure? Still today the majority of Japanese travelling abroad (incl. the US) do this with tour groups. They also prefer to eat in Japanese restaurants and stay in Japanese owned hotels where possible. I've never heard anybody complaining about it.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-20 13:45:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thirdpole at 2008-6-20 10:44
USA is not worth sightseeing.   After one visit,  you don't want to go there  a second time.  Waste of money.

I don't agree with your statement. The US is a very beautiful country with many national parks, grandiose mountain ranges, sea shores and deserts and plenty to see and enjoy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.