Author: chinadaily

Group tour travelers set their sights on the US [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-18 20:55:30 |Display all floors
It's a good news for common people who want to visit U.S.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 21:00:41 |Display all floors

What you mean with

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 21:09:00 |Display all floors

there WILL be gangbang...

Originally posted by tradervic at 6/17/08 08:26 PM
... I will let the Usual Gang of Fourmites try to answer your question PJ - because a straight answer from the CCP is not going to be fourthcoming.

That reminds me - ever see "Moscow on the ...

oh no, it will be some spankin' on my butts...OUCH  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 00:54:58 |Display all floors
It is interesting to read about the way being opened for more tour groups coming out of China to see the world. At the same time, I start to think about how insulated tour groups are from the countries they are visiting. I don't just mean Chinese groups coming to the USA, but also North American groups going to China. They've got guides, handlers, and interpreters to smooth the way for them.

Some people in tour groups are very outgoing and try to engage people in conversation and have individual experiences. But I suspect that for many people in tour groups, the only thing they bring back from their tours is a bunch of photos of themselves standing in front of famous land marks.

I feel really fortunate to have Chinese in-laws so that when I travel there, I can meet real people and sort of blend a little with the local lifestyle.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 03:27:57 |Display all floors
Rong,

Yeah, that's how tour groups are. The major interaction tour groups create is with other people in the group, which is why a lot of people don't like them. What most people want out of a tour, however, is to be able to see all the famous stuff and never get lost along the way.

Really, though, that's a horrible way to see the US. If you're not out exploring, you're missing the experience.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 03:52:30 |Display all floors

NO tour guide for ME...

tour guide or tour group is pain in the rear...they ONLY show you what they wanted to show you, and they'll be liked rushing you so hard to get to another venue.  the best thing is to get a local tour guide if you will when you get to your destination but NOT thru the tour agency itself (money scam).  the best way to see/visit the US is contact me in NYC directly thru my personal line (i'm sure you all know how to reach me at)  

no 4real...if you want the best experience & your $$$ worth then ring my bell  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 09:44:44 |Display all floors
USA is not worth sightseeing.   After one visit,  you don't want to go there  a second time.  Waste of money.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.