Author: kodama

One country, two systems not suitable for Taiwan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-18 08:53:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-18 08:46
And last, but not least... with the prices for airfare and tickets - housewives and kids are going  to be in short supply! ...

But you need innocent housewives and spoiled kids as camouflage.

Just how you use those idiots as advertisement star in Amn3sty International, N ED, VOA, Reporters without borders,IRI, Fr33dom house, SHT etc etc.

People will think twice before punching them
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-18 09:04:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-18 02:35
... with more direct flights to T a i w a n, ordinary P.R. Chinese are going to experience that troublesome issue of what they see versus what they have been lectured about for more of their lives.

TV,

I believe that the current development of intra Chinese relations is very positive and should be encouraged. I do not take that those who travel to the island will come back with a different view. The development and standard of living in T w  is well known by mainlanders. After all there are more than 1 million T a i w a n e s e  living and working in Mainland China and I'm sure that they have enough contact with their compatriots over there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 09:19:09 |Display all floors

Hate to say it but...

Originally posted by northwest at 6/17/2008 07:53 PM
People will think twice before punching them  

... as much as we joke at the BBS about this,  there is a good chance that someone is going to take a swing at an Olympic participant or two right before, during, or after the games for some alleged offence.

Now, if such an event were to occur Northwest, especially right before the Olympics - what do you honestly think would be the result?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 09:24:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 6/17/2008 08:04 PM
I believe that the current development of intra Chinese relations is very positive and should be encouraged. I do not take that those who travel to the island will come back with a different view. The development and standard of living in T w  is well known by mainlanders. After all there are more than 1 million T a i w a n e s e  living and working in Mainland China and I'm sure that they have enough contact with their compatriots over there.

Satsu,

Like before the signing of regular tourist travel to the United States, the domain of tourism has been a realm for government employees and/or high ranking businesspeople.  The ability for ordinary folks to travel to places that have been the stuff of lore is going to be a watershed mark for P.R. China.

And as I have said in the thread about the U.S. agreement - the Customs Department is going to have their hands full with those same folks coming back.

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 09:24:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-18 09:19
Now, if such an event were to occur Northwest, especially right before the Olympics - what do you honestly think would be the result?  ...

Dump 300 billion or so US treasury bond.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 09:28:51 |Display all floors
Dump where, North?
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-18 09:35:06 |Display all floors

<sigh>

Originally posted by northwest at 6/17/2008 08:24 PM
Dump 300 billion or so US treasury bond.

And with that statement Northwest - you expose the reason for the politburo's attempts to seperate as many folks in Beijing, and the rest of China, from the people that are coming in for the Olympics.

A public embarrassment - by a Chinese citizen against an Olympic partcipant - followed by what I can only describe as a rather crude attempt to declare dominance - would only give the impression to the rest of the world that P.R. China is as best, unflattering.

And Usual Gang of Forumites gawk at the methods that the politburo is using with T a i w a n?

... and the slow waltz continues.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.