Author: hotchili

Q.uality co.ntrol of "M.ade in China" products [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-14 13:31:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 13:59:53 |Display all floors
There are good quality Made In China products.  They just aren't sold in China.  And if they are, they are sold in China for western prices...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 15:02:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hotchili at 2008-6-14 11:25
Everybody followed the news about this issue in recent months. P.oorly c.hecked Chinese m.anufactured goods have been shipped for e.xport.

I am not intending to open a new thread to do some Chin ...

hotchili, you said you are not intending to open a new thread to do some China bashing, but you actions do not fit with your words, don't they?

I am not sure whether what you said about the yogurt are quality problems or not. Acutally you said nothing about the yogurt itself, therefore i guess the yogurt is ok, otherwise you would have complained about it.
As a result, what you bought are not user friendly, instead of a quality issue.

In addition, you raised several questions which i believe you have no answers, before making a conclusions that consumers have no means to complain or change. I would like to know: how did not get such a conclusion, or you usually make conclusions without any reasoning?

You said: " if I call them up my self, they will laugh about me". How can you know this if you have not tried at all? Have you ever tried to talked to the manufacturer about your problems? i guess not.

Actually, China has consumer protecting institutions, to be specific, the Association of Consumer Protection. Whenever you encounter a problem concerning product quality, you can call them for complaint. 12315 is the number for most of its branches.

Aslo, the government at all levels have quality control agencies, you can call them as well.

Please know more about China before criticizing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 15:17:29 |Display all floors

Thank you CD for the response ...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-14 15:36:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hotchili at 2008-6-14 16:17
... and informing me, that some institutions for consumer protection are already existing.  My allegations are from daily observations, since I live here in China. Since we have also many Chinese f ...

Yes, the yogurt itself is quite okay. One additional complain I have as a foreigner is that if you buy in one of these big super market you hardly can find any description in English, almost everything is in Chinese. In big cities like in Beijing, Shanghai and  Guangzhou with a significant (and growing) number of expats one could expect at least bi-lingual descriptions (like the traffic signs). If l am searching for sugar free items  for example I need to hire a translator.

Now this is funny. Why would China label their products that are meant for domestic consumption in two languages? I assume that 95% or more of the customers who buy these items are Chinese. There is no need for English. Just reflect on items in German supermarkets. You don't find any English description on them unless they are manufactured for overseas sales as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 15:40:43 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-14 15:43:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hotchili at 2008-6-14 16:40

actually that has already changed because of the EU - most nutrition informations are now in English - in addition to the local language.

Producers are even saving that way, because very oft ...

8 weeks ago it hadn't changed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.