Author: chinadaily

Cuba's Robles breaks men's 110m hurdles world record [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-16 06:05:11 |Display all floors
I take note that " contender " is also a suitable term . Whichever you wish to use , the King reigns till the next Olympics . No sweat .

Glaz .   I do love to know what you are saying but I feel I am in a distortion chamber .  What are you trying to say in English ?  Can you write your thoughts in Estonian ( or whatever ) and get it translated please . Love to hear from you !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 10:29:41 |Display all floors
He is only 21
and Liu Xiang is about 26(If My memery isn't wrong)...
what a challenge

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 12:22:36 |Display all floors
starprince,

So Liu is over the hills ?  The contest is within 2 months , both are peaking soon . No race has ever been run by armchair gurus .  The actual race on the actual day will decide .   Don't need to wet your diapers before that .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 18:23:47 |Display all floors
Oh here you are, mengzhi.

Robles did a great job, and since he's still so young, he will certainly gain a gold medal in the event some day.

Liu Xiang has already done his part by winning most of the encounters in the past four years.

The hurdles is a suitable sports event for oldsters to train in.

Edwin Moses was the champ in the 1970s - 80s.

He won gold medals in the 400-meter hurdles at the 1976 and 1984 Olympics. Between 1977 and 1987, Moses won 107 consecutive finals (122 consecutive races) and set the world record in his event four times.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 21:09:35 |Display all floors

Experimentation .

Dr Chao,

It is not facts we are short of , it is the neuronal atrophy in glaz we have to deal with . He is synapsing desperately to try and make a case that the Chinese will lose , haha . He is still so wet behind his ears. We Chinese are very keen in winning ( who isn't ? ) but we are also mature enough to realize that no one is certain of winning , not even world record holders . He is such a light weight with only two sets of dendrites , I am just here to entertain myself in seeing how much life he has compared to the amoeba . Haha . Not too much is the answer .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 21:15:02 |Display all floors

Speaking of master backpedellers

Originally posted by wchao37 at 6/16/2008 05:23 AM
Robles did a great job, and since he's still so young, he will certainly gain a gold medal in the event some day.

Liu Xiang has already done his part by winning most of the encounters in the past four years.

Suffice to say gentlemen, you will be making your contribution to the Sport Ministry's list of spins for the upcoming Olympics?

Much like many of Olympic ad campaign that focussed on one person too much - a la Reeboks rather disasterous Dan and Ryan ads back in the day - has the Sports Ministry hyped Liu too much?

In two months - we will all have our answers.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 22:24:21 |Display all floors
Yeah, should be a GREAT race. I anticipate it being spoiled by a 'darkhorse' ...neither robles nor Xiang. But then again, I just like upsets.

If you ease off the pressure on Liu Xiang, you'll likely get better results though. I like the guy, and he's gifted and not old at all.
26 is not old. He has another olympics in him ...if trained right...mentally and physically.
Go easy...China doesn't churn out killer track stars like this very often, you can't afford to burn him out.

[ Last edited by glaznozt at 2008-6-16 10:29 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.