Author: chinadaily

Cuba's Robles breaks men's 110m hurdles world record [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-15 06:18:28 |Display all floors

Just can't stop himself .

Dear TV,

Must your ingrained racist attitude ooze out from your pores each time something involving different colored persons are involved ?  Why and what prompted this ugly thought here ?  Just because you would have used the n*gg*r word when beaten by blacks does not mean anyone else would . Put your KKK badge away !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-15 07:06:19 |Display all floors

<chuckle>

Nice to see that you can backpedal with the best of them Doc.  Then again, given some of your more "colorful" verbage in the past, the attempt to spin the matter is rather amusing.

Suffice to say - the Olympics is going to be bring the best from the world to Beijing - so the excuse of "pretender", and God knows what, will be seen in more than a few posts.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-15 08:04:54 |Display all floors
# 16 TV,

Which part of my previous posts have rubbed you up the wrong way ?  " Pretender " is a neutral term : it means someone who is hoping to take the crown when next the occasion arises .  The Olympics come but once every four years .  So everyone who wants the crowns is a pretender .  It is all on the performance on the day . Robles can run faster or he can also run slower : same as Liu .  Why am I having to go through this with you ? Is this the kindergarten class again ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-15 18:45:26 |Display all floors
sport is a equal  sport

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-15 21:23:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whiteehorse at 2008-6-15 18:45
sport is a equal  sport

Is there any sportings unequal?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 01:19:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-6-14 18:04
# 16 TV,

Which part of my previous posts have rubbed you up the wrong way ?  " Pretender " is a neutral term : it means someone who is hoping to take the crown when next the occasion a ...

You are confusing "pretender" with "contender". Pretender means that this guy is a fake, not a real challenge. Contender means he is a threat to win.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 01:59:44 |Display all floors
"glaz ,

I have stated clearly what your role in this forum is : trouble making . This is the simplest undertaking . it is the proof of accusations that is the difficult part . "- Mengmeng
_______

1)Welllll, as long as you're 'clearly stating', then I guess it must be so.
*sarc*

2)Ok. I await your PROOF of my trouble making.

3) Track and field fan? Let's place a bet on the real king vs the 'pretender', or do I need to explain what every 'kindergarten' kid understands... the world record holder cannot be 'the pretender'.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.