Author: chinadaily

Cuba's Robles breaks men's 110m hurdles world record [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-14 04:31:27 |Display all floors
It'll be crazy. People have to remember that Liu Xiang took the world record from someone else...and therefore it is only logical that someone else take it from him.
BTW. "pretender to the Crown" just ran a faster time than anyone has before... in fact if Liu finished 4th just now, he's got to be feeling the pressure mounting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 08:48:48 |Display all floors

The feral hound .

glaz ,

Liu is the reigning Olympic gold medalist ( from Athens ) . As such all wannabes are pretenders ! Are you still with me ? Until and unless someone beats him at the Olympics , he will still be the Olympic champion . OK ? Of course , it is the excitement and the attraction in sports that you are only as good as your last performance . So any one of half a dozen hurdlers can win . Liu is no superman but the Chinese are all behind him and wish him well . Who are your wannabes ?  You seem to have a congenital anal retentive persona to bait and taunt no matter what ?  You should get your genome checked .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 09:52:26 |Display all floors
there's too much pressure on Liuxiang, stop doing this the press!!!!!!!!!11
Mayae Antique Silver ----Wearing a piece of China history and culture

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 11:05:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by glaznozt at 2008-6-14 04:31
It'll be crazy. People have to remember that Liu Xiang took the world record from someone else...and therefore it is only logical that someone else take it from him.
BTW. "pretender to the C ...

no competition no excellence!
go, liuxiang!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 18:09:49 |Display all floors
Wow, Mengzhi... you just threw a lot of abuse my way.
I loved it when Liu Xiang won last olympics...but the olympic track is not special...the olympic hurdles are not different, the spacing is the same etc. The olympics is just the most prestigious race. If the Cuban is faster....then he's just faster.

Soooo...Why don't we bet? I'll bet you China Daily Accounts.
Passwords and ALL.

Thats right, I get your account if Liu Xiang doesn't win gold.
So, what do you say 'patriot'?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 18:29:37 |Display all floors

May the better man wins .

glaz ,

I have stated clearly what your role in this forum is : trouble making . This is the simplest undertaking . it is the proof of accusations that is the difficult part .

Now pardon my English , what are you betting on ?   " China Daily  Accounts " ? Please explain . Do you wish me to disappear from this forum if Liu lost ?

My mother said never to take money off little children . I am a good son .  I look forward to the clash but I will be happy for whoever wins if it is run fairly . I have had enough personal experience in my backyard run around to not be bothered about being " patriotic "  . I am a supporter of track and field .:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 22:34:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 6/13/2008 06:42 AM
The clash of the titans .

This is good for athletics . The 110 meter hurdles is the most anticipated event in the track and field program for the Chinese as Liu Xiang is the red hot favorite for the  gold . Now , less than 3 months from the Games , along comes a pretender to the crown  is more than exciting .  Home crowds and support will be to Liu's favor but the nation's expectation is going to be great .  May the better man wins !!  

Hm... Mengzhi, is he a "pretender" because he is not Chinese, or is he a "pretender" because of another reason?  Given the Usual Gang of Forumites attitude towards people of a more "colorful" descent it will be interesting to see if the cries of "unfed n*gg*r" start coming out of the woodwork again.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.