Author: buddy35

What are the Problems with American Food?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-13 08:02:15 |Display all floors

There is an alternative method to GM Crops...

w w w (dot) d a i l y m a i l (dot) c o (dot) u k (slash) s c i e n c e te c h (slash) a r t i c l e - 1 0 2 5 6 8 9 (slash) W e l c o m e- T h a n e t -E a r t h - Th e - b i g g e s t - gr e e n h o u s e -B r i t a i n - un v e i  l e d (dot) h t m l
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-13 08:59:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-6-13 08:15
All GM foods confer on companies the total control of seeds , insecticides and herbicides' sale for eternity . This is food supply in the monopoly of one or two companies. Scary ! is this the word ? ...

Is this a record ?
I agree with Mengzhi, again !

I think I may need to have a lie down.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-13 09:22:34 |Display all floors

Road to disaster .

Emu my mate ,

You could have had numerous lie-downs before this if you had read and taken in my gems of wisdom long ago . Just kidding .

cronin ,

#1.  Food standards are high in advanced countries but it takes just a human slip and slide to plunge into the abyss . Salmonella food contamination in the UK ( especially egg dishes ) is now standard ! When potential CJD ( mad cow ) testing is distorted or non compulsory , there is a  possible disaster in the decades ahead .

#2.  GM seeds when grown in the fields would contaminate adjacent  normal fields routinely . The result is the GM seeds take over completely . This is why even " experimental " crops in restricted fields can cause permanent damage .  The " save the seeds " campaign is thus a counter to the day when all farmers around the world may have to sign on to the Monsanto of the world as " slaves " . The Canadian experience is the story to listen to and hopefully lessons learned .:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 16:30:42 |Display all floors
CDC: 383 tainted tomato cases confirmed

Federal health officials have learned of 106 more cases of salmonella linked to tainted tomatoes, putting the outbreak’s toll at 383 on Wednesday and counting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25244754/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 11:41:50 |Display all floors
Rong,

American food gets safer every year, there is more variation year to year, but the overall trend is to fewer numbers and less severe cases.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-21 08:16:07 |Display all floors

Second Law of Thermodynamics not applicable here, it seems.

I 've usually thought that the CD BBS was a good example of the Second Law of Thermodynamics  - i.e. the natural direction of things is moving from a state of order to a state of disorder.

But this thread seems to disprove that, and gives me hope.

It started off with a whopper about 8% fecal matter and has gradually shed the crap and improved in content as more and more posters have joined in.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-21 09:45:06 |Display all floors
Rong,

Do not be so impressed. The coldest day is often followed by one much warmer, but it does not herald spring.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.