Author: i2vision

Cities in China are more vibrant than the WEST [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-11 15:56:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i2vision at 2008-6-11 16:35
In Toronto, a ticket allows you to travel to your destination with combination of transports.

Same in Melbourne. Ticket is valid on Train, Tram or Bus.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 18:16:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 18:20:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i2vision at 2008-6-11 12:15
Just name one 1st: London

You find drunken peeing in the public, around the corner of the block.  You find crazy people in the west end. You find Gay-bar , you are right, it is so accessible.  

You can find pretty much anything you could care to mention in London, from cinemas showing films from all over the world, to theatres showing everything from obscure avant garde weirdness to Shakespeare to traditional Chinese dancing.  It's probably easier to find a kungfu class in London than in most Chinese cities!

You can find pubs with great beer gardens next to parks, perfect on a good summer day.  You can find crappy bars in the west end where all the trendies/tossers go (not my scene).  You can find all the hippy/crusty/gothy clubs in camden and the rest.  You can go out to numerous good clubs all over the city and dance the night away.  

You can eat food from all over the world.

If you really think there is less to do in London than in the average Chinese city, I'm afraid you are sorely misguided.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like London that much, because the weather is terrible, and it's way too expensive, but there are few cities in the world with so much to offer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 18:21:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-6-11 12:51
every city in the world should develop their own character.

cheerios!

Green Dragon

Definitely can't disagree with that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 18:22:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-6-11 13:33
I'm gonna agree with you here rd. Chinas cities have a different vibrancy than many of the more easily recognosable western ones but to say that China s cities are more vibrant is a fallacy! London ...

Yeah - in China it revolves much more around eating.  In the UK around drinking.  It's just different.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 18:26:37 |Display all floors
i2vision, are you talking about things like the fact that you don't get people playing chess in the middle of the pavement in London?  Well, this is true, I guess.  But then you don't get first-rate beer gardens in China, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 21:12:34 |Display all floors
cities all over the world are all the same, polluted, full of traffic, shallow, hollow, empty, man-made concrete jungles! Give me the country life, country values, clean fresh air any day of the week!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.