Author: pegasus01

Anybody has expertise on interracial marriage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-3 05:16:56 |Display all floors

re. Post #5

Originally posted by donkeyrider at 2008-6-1 22:35
i know some couples of interracial marriages. one korean man with an american woman, and one indian woman with a singaporean, and around a dozen of chinese women with caucasian men, usually with a  ...

Finance is a frequent cause of marriage breakdowns in the socalled "West". And another thing, you are sadly mistaken if you believe that white American males are richer than Chinese because of what they are.

I do not see any hard correlation between inter-racial marriages and financial issues. I do not read in the statistics that more Chinese Americans are losing their homes due to the sub-prime crisis. Obviously you would like to settle the issue soon if you want to enter a relationship in which finance can become an issue.

When you say "...one korean man with an american woman...[sic]", may I enquire about the ancestry of the American lady? American could be just about anything and everything from Caucasian to Afros to Hispanic.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-3 08:07:22 |Display all floors

we meet different people and have different observations

the korean man i mentioned has a chinese mother and a korean father
the american woman's father was from greece. don't know about her mother

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-3 10:31:44 |Display all floors

Seen my share of interracial marriages...

Originally posted by pegasus01 at 6/1/2008 07:20 AM
Anybody has expertise on interracial marriage? very apprecaited to see your view and your insight about this issue.

White and Black, Black and Hispanic, Hispanic and White, Asian and White, Asian and Hispanic, etc. - yeah, living in Detroit and Chicago - I have seen my share of "mesagination".  Hell, I am in such a relationship!

As for the age difference - I have mostly seen the "15 to 30 gap" with the Asian and Eastern European women - but with Candians and Americans - it has been usually within 3 to 8 years in difference.

Money wise... that is a crap shoot.  For example, the wife and I are going to be going down to Miami next year for my best friend's wedding.  Both them are in law enforcement - and make about the same wage.  The other end of the spectrum is my wife's friend - who works part time, while her husband is a senior crane operator with a unionized construction crew.  The key in both cases - wise bookeeping keep both relationships content.

So... do you have any specific questions?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-3 10:59:01 |Display all floors

I live in such a such a marriage ...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-3 11:03:39 |Display all floors

Reply #10 tradervic's post

mix cultural marriage has a lot of FRICTION.
and there is also a difference in value system.

This tend to result in a ROCKY marriage, in a lot of the cases.

I used to live next door to a Riau Policeman who has a Malaccan Peranakan Chinese wife.
She was a terrible wreck, beaten almost daily.
and She was rather pretty as well.

Finally she divorced that man.

Green DRagon
Just an Opinion

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-3 23:04:40 |Display all floors
I think inter*cultural* is the issue here, not inter*racial*.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-3 23:38:27 |Display all floors

Hm...

Waiting for pegasus01 to comment back...
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.