Views: 2655|Replies: 13

to hide or reveal our weaknesses? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-5-30 04:59:10 |Display all floors
Since I was a small child I had a tendency to show the real part of myself and did not hide my weaknesses.
My mother did not agree with my behaviour
When people do not see our weaknesses they expect too many things from us while us we are unable to offer  what others expect.
When I grew up and became more mature I changed that behaviour completely.
The first thing I do  now is to show my weaknesses ,my bad part of my character and my bad moments..
By this way people know how much they can expect from me and me at the same time I  know
very well that the ones who will stay with me  are the ones who really accept us for what we are ,the ones who love us with what we are ,no mistakes ,no misunderstanding ,good communication .
Especially in a cooperation and in friendships we should show what we really are.

so when I see that somebody accepts my weaknesses then I think ok I can have a good cooperation with this person or a good and steady friendship.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 05:04:29 |Display all floors

I continue

My mother used to say ,come on do not be stupid ,do not show your weaknesses ,try to look good.

Hiding can not last forever.By hiding things we mislead our friends ,we mislead people with the result of
creating fragile bonds with people.
Your comments please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 05:10:41 |Display all floors

temper is my weakness, weakness is my QIK temper...

believe it or not...only my woman could control my silly behavior (just DONT ask Y would you plz)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 05:56:24 |Display all floors
In my view...."Weakness" in some cases can become "strength"...and vice versa.

In some situations a bad temper person can actually save lives...in other circumstances ...bad temper can invite destruction!

People think they can hide their characters...in reality...it might prove to be harder than people would like to think!...unless people don't behavior and remain non-communicative...it is not easy to hide at all!

As far as this bird is concerned....hiding take too much efforts...so being lazy has it's silver linings!

Would I like to impress people?...yes...but most of the time, I am just too lazy to do it!

My motto is:  "If you are impressed...great!...if you are not...too bad!"

Another perspective I would like to offer is that...people do not necessary agree on the concept of being "weak"...so, one man's weakness could be another man's strength!:)

A game of "hide and seek" can be fun too...but you got to have at least two mutual players!...so hiding is not necessary always "bad" as long as there is another person really enjoying the process of seeking out the "truth"!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 06:46:01 |Display all floors

pictures

some people like to show others their most beautiful pictures, (i typed "people" as i don't want to offend girls ;-) but it doesn't make any sense

the more beautiful you look on your pictures, the more homely you are in your real life

just show your true self, you are what you are

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 12:53:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2008-5-30 05:56
In my view...."Weakness" in some cases can become "strength"...and vice versa.

In some situations a bad temper person can actually save lives...in other circumstances ...bad  ...

you can not hide yourself for a long time.It is so tiring and really it does not help at all.
I believe that nobody is perfect so hiding things may help us for a short time but not in the long run the real ego will come to surface.Then automatically we lose the wrong image we have probably created which makes things worse.
Hiding weaknesses is so tiring to me,so misleading ,so false.
I show to people who I am very clearly and most of the times I overstress my weaknesses which I fight and try to make them less.
I want to have near me people who know very well who I am and be with me because they accept and respect my real self with my weaknesses and not a false person .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 12:54:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by donkeyrider at 2008-5-30 06:46
some people like to show others their most beautiful pictures, (i typed "people" as i don't want to offend girls ;-) but it doesn't make any sense

the more beautiful you look on your p ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.