Author: middleway

What Exactly Is "Freedom"???? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-30 15:24:53 |Display all floors

Our society of 80 million

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 15:28:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 413pinoy at 2008-5-30 11:52

You show the usual defensive reaction of China.

"D I V E R T I N G    T H E    A T T E N T I O N      T O    O T H E R     C O U N T R I E S !

We, the Germans, recognize our "w ...

China is a land of freedom!
Foreigners feel safe in China, unlike most western countries, where foreigners are scared to walk down the streets.

We Chinese have Confucian ideals and a free mind cultivated from over 5000 years of glorious civilization.
Telling the truth gives us freedom as is well known: "The truth shall set you free".
You peoples' existence are based on lies and propaganda, so how can you say you are free?
You only like to spout the words "free" from your orifices as it makes you have a good feeling.

BTW Just look how I am using my free mind to kick your dumb neanderthal asses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 15:31:52 |Display all floors

I have been robbed in Guangzhou

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 15:33:34 |Display all floors

Yes , you do of f.reedom of expression in China

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-5-30 15:42:24 |Display all floors

Buddy and 413pinoy

Hey Guys,

There are very few cities in the world were you will not find petty crime in the modern world.  Even the traditionally very safe hometown in England where I used to live is a no-go area in the late evening.

Where I live in a small city in China, if you stagger home pissed from 11 P.M to 3 P.M you will get robbed. So the same as my hometown in the U.K.

I feel very safe in the daytime in China, but I don't live in Guangzhou and I would have thought that with so many people petty crime would be quite high.  A good example in China is crowded markets and buses.  The higher the concentration of peeps then the more crime.

This may also be a comment on the punishment system in China.  That although the police are hard on crime the criminals will still take the risks.  So one might assume that the punishment is not as draconian as people think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 16:07:38 |Display all floors

It happened on day time in

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 16:17:29 |Display all floors
That's pretty unsafe. I live in Westwood Village in Los Angeles and I regularly see college students staggering home at 3am and 4am without incident. I don't think we have petty personal crime here beyond people playing "finders, keepers"; the worst we seem to have is the petty vandalism you see everywhere in California.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.