Author: middleway

What Exactly Is "Freedom"???? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-30 04:22:06 |Display all floors

There is no more Nazi Germany

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 05:09:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by middleway at 2008-5-28 21:18
I've always been curious by the exact definition of the term "freedom". Everyone always sings about it in the west... "I just want to be freeeeeee!" Even as a kid I always wonde ...

I think what you are talking about is material freedom. Haven't we seen many materially rich people committed suicide? Why? I think freedom should also include inner freedom. No matter you are rich or poor, you can feel free from inside.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 05:14:17 |Display all floors

after my divorced trust me i know what FREEDOM is...

now i'm like partay allnite long  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 06:42:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 413pinoy at 2008-5-30 04:22

Basta !

Read about your Chinese history and ask your fellow Chinese citizens to come to grips with your own stained past before you shoot on Germans, who did a lot more in this respect than  ...

Just one question: Do you have a picture of Adolf with a swastika on your wall?

Honestly, tell us the truth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 06:51:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-5-30 03:05

The Turks and other minorities don't get it in Nazi Germany or in most of Europe!

When a public figure warned dark-skinned people to avoid parts of eastern Germany, he raised a new debate on racism. DW's Peter Phillipp says talk on the topic is good, but action would be better.
The same questions came up several weeks ago, after an Ethiopian-born German was nearly beaten to death in the street in public.
In a radio interview, Uwe-Karsten Heye warned people of color who were planning to attend the World Cup in Germany this summer [2006] to avoid certain areas of eastern Germany. Otherwise, he said, they faced serious danger.
He wanted to draw attention to a problem that authorities and public officials all too often turn a blind eye to: Xenophobia and racist assaults tend to be seen as a "one-off" event, and then things go back to business as usual. Long forgotten are the roiling far-right scenes of the early 1990s in places like Rostock and Hoyerswerda in the east, and Solingen in the west. Then, foreigners were openly hunted down and most average citizens looked on passively.
When right-wing radicals flood into Saxony's parliament, why shouldn't their followers feel compelled to go out on the street and set fire to a Turkish kabob stand, or thrash an African?

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2026065,00.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this what freedom mean in Germany?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 06:53:23 |Display all floors
Wednesday, 5 September 2007
Lankan injured in racist attack in Germany

Berlin: A Sri Lankan was injured in a racist attack in southern Germany, police said on Monday.

The 38-year-old man was knocked to the ground and kicked on the street in the southern city of Stuttgart early on Saturday by a drunken neo-Nazi.

Police said the 27-year-old attacker had record of several previous assaults and had been under investigation for wearing Nazi symbols.

The incident added to the grave public concerns over a string of recent racist attacks in Germany.

Last month, eight Indians were attacked in the eastern city of Muegeln during a local festival and two Africans were assaulted during a wine festival in a village near the western city of Mainz.

http://therainbowreport.blogspot ... cist-attack-in.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 06:59:55 |Display all floors
What freedom means to Germans:

Far-right assaults are on the rise in Germany.
jackboots.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.