Author: blueskies88

Pro-American thread! [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-28 20:56:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-5-28 21:49
I agree, Scandinavia has done a good job adopting this American invention, that's why its such a good place to live. It has all the best parts of the US with all the best of Old European art and cu ...

Sweden has top hockey players   but bad food. If you like real good European life you have to look at Italy.  Chaotic yet  a nice country ( in spite of Berlusconi).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 20:58:34 |Display all floors
Satsu,

I spent quite some time in Italy trying to be a painter but only managed to become a middling food critic. Needless to say, the food was excellent.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 20:59:29 |Display all floors

Actually I am not promoting a new isolationism

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 21:06:05 |Display all floors
I've got news for you: they're not very British and they're not very virgin, if you catch my meaning.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-28 21:07:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-5-28 21:58
Satsu,

I spent quite some time in Italy trying to be a painter but only managed to become a middling food critic. Needless to say, the food was excellent.

Whenever time permits during a trip to Europe I do spend a long weekend (3 days) either at Milano, Torino or Firenze. Three of the most beautiful cities of Europe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 21:09:33 |Display all floors
Satsu,

You know, really, I wasn't that impressed with Florence. The musees and pinacotecas are nice, but after that it all falls a bit flat. There are only so many trattorias and osterias a man can stand before the fakeness of the place becomes oppressive. I preferred Siena, something about underdogs and an utterly corrupt horse race is very appealing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 21:10:26 |Display all floors
Also, Rome is good in small doses. Too much and Horace is correct: one gets ambitions he oughtn't.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.