Author: chinadaily

Sharon Stone: Was China quake `bad karma?'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-6 08:50:14 |Display all floors
Well, God must hate the Russians too;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/enviro ... 2609564&index=7

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-16 22:42:52 |Display all floors
"That was humiliating," she told the magazine. "Having worked with the finest people in the industry, I was like, 'Wow, I'm really at the back of the line here. I'm wearing L'eggs pantyhose, and in makeup they start out by putting this white primer on my face.' I'm like, 'This is so bad. What did I do to deserve this?'"
- Sharon Stone: 'I have brain damage – deal with it'

Perhaps it was karma!

And look at what the air-head worries about, her freakin' panty hose and make up!
Compounding is the magic ingredient.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-18 11:40:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by gork at 2015-8-18 11:44

Stone Plumbs The Depths Of the Gutter Again

Like many western celebrities, Stone has sold herself to peddle China bashing propaganda. Her entire career was largely based on selling herself.

The article notes that Stone maintains a "frank approach to her sex appeal" more than two decades after first appearing in Playboy in an attempt to jumpstart her career.
- Sharon Stone's nude photos stoke controversy

Now she sinks further. Referring to her privileged life-style, aging "actress", Stone, has whinged about having to wear make-up and panty-hose. Now she whinges some more: "I thought, 'You know what? I got thrown off the bullet train, and now I'm going to have to crawl up a hill of broken glass, get back on the train that's going a million miles an hour, and work my way from the cattle car up," she tells journalist Christopher Bagley

But few are fooled: Her words rang hollow to others who questioned their placement alongside nude photos presumably intended to sell magazines and generate publicity. Many speculated the images were retouched and accused Stone of perpetuating unrealistic beauty standards.

As one reader said, "The problem is that women see these Photoshopped and airbrushed images of women and think that they can attain it with plastic surgery, lasers, and injections that only make them look worse. Time for advertisers and photo magazines to show real women images, and not fake, lying Photoshop fakes."

Some media critics cautioned against making her a symbol of empowerment (or otherwise) for women, especially if that's not the position she takes up in the article.

"She doesn't claim to be making a feminist choice. She says very plainly 'I'm trying to show that I still have what it takes, and in the contemporary world of acting for women, this is what that looks like,'" said Occidental University Sociology Professor Lisa Wade, who writes about sex, media and gender issues.

"She is using the same strategy that has been successful for her for the length of her career, which is the culmination of being an excellent actress and selling sex appeal. The article states it very plainly."
. . .
"It's reasonable to criticize what Sharon Stone is doing as capitulating to the patriarchy because she's making a clear and implicit statement that the way for her to get her career back is to pose nude. But we all bargain with the patriarchy. At least she's being straightforward about how she's claiming to get her career back and I don't think there's anything particularly new or unique or interesting about what doing," Wade said.

At her age, it's certainly the last time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-19 17:37:15 |Display all floors
Sharon can talk how or what she like because she got a golden pubic that has not turn white yet.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-1-6 01:38:13 |Display all floors
Fire, Flood and Famine
- a scorched earth policy

Following widespread flooding in Poodleville, over 6m hectares are ablaze in various fires ALL around the gangster-run, thieved prison-state of Auztralia. That's apocalyptic! AND following a very dry Summer and vicious winds fanning the flames, there's two more months. This is clearly a scorched-earth policy by their God. Record high temperatures have exceeded 45°C! The whole of the gangster-run, thieved prison-state of Auztralia is a tinder box and there's no way they can stop embers flying in high winds to spread the flames. Anyone who's seen a map of the fire locations can see that there's so many fires spread so widely that they're obviously spontaneous as well.

Where is Sharon Stone with her comments of "karma"? The answer is the elderly actress can't get a date. Perhaps that's because Stone has a heart of stone and claims an earthquake in China was "karma". Or could it be she's a deranged old woman ("Sharon Stone: 'I have brain damage – deal with it'")?

Temperatures exceeded 45 degrees centigrade on the south coast of NSW and in Victoria’s Gippsland region, which were both ravaged by bushfires on New Year’s Eve.
. . .
Gusts of 90 kilometers per hour were recorded in some areas, combining some existing blazes into mammoth fire fronts 60-70 kilometers long.
. . .
Victorian authorities said they expected the fires to continue burning for at least six weeks, when they may ultimately run out of fuel.

They said it was unlikely that any major blazes could be extinguished without sustained rains, and no strong downfalls are currently predicted.

- Morrison under fire as blazes spread in Australia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-1-8 15:20:25 |Display all floors
Now it's 8.4m hectares and half a billion animals estimated killed, with another half billion expected to starve with their habitat destroyed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-1-8 17:01:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Kbay at 2020-1-8 18:24

Now they want to cull ten thousand wild desert camels, because the moronic Aussie ranchers complained, "the camels are drinking up OUR water".May Australia continued to burn till 2025, non-stop.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.