Author: force_one

Consequences of the VISA problems [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-27 12:58:27 |Display all floors
it is ridiculous! it keeps out people who have business association with China and contribute to China's economy etc, and while the real potential threats to security will still find their way in.

I don't understand it at all, visa policy makers must have brain damage or something.
dead

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 19:54:02 |Display all floors

It is ridiculous indeed

My boss, who has been asked to work on the TV coverage of the Beijing Olympics, was told by the Beijing Olympics people to get a visa, so they could organise a trip to Beijing for a planning meeting.
He duly went to the Chinese consulate to get the visa.
They told him he needed airline tickets to get the Visa.
Beijing Olympic Broadcasting wouldn't give him the tickets unless he had the Visa.
He told the robot at the Consulate that it seemed odd that Beijing is inviting him to China, but the Consulate is stopping him from going.
Eventually the minion got the message and provided the Visa.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 20:52:13 |Display all floors

Economy is recenting from this policy........

Everybody knows that. It has indeed managed to get rid of a few but the truth is that honest, serious business people have been scared away. Do you want a clear example of how this has affected?:

Shanghai had an International Logistics and Forwarding Fair and Forum scheduled for ends of June. The organizers have been forced to move the venue to Hong Kong becauase most of the foreign guests expected had cancelled the trip because they had been denied the visa! Each participant was paying 5000 RMB to attend, plus Hotel bookings cancellations, restaurants, bars and more important, translation and interpretation companies affected.

A small example on how a "bad policy" decision affects REAL economy. I could list here other stories suffered by some of our foreign customers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 21:17:28 |Display all floors

It will affect China in a double way ...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 10:53:09 |Display all floors
I just dont understand why it appears to be the business people they are targeting. I was able to get a 6 month multiple entry L visa yesterday in Hong Kong, but the guy who was in front of me in the passport "pick up" line who was a business man living in Hong Kong with two factories under his name in China could only get a double F visa. He said this was his second time applying for it because last time he was told he needed proof that his company had a guest house at the factory, otherwise he needed hotel registration info, tickets etc...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 11:24:36 |Display all floors

The logic behind cannot be understood ...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 12:02:24 |Display all floors
Logic is a foreign concept.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.