Author: yinghan

Tibet Interpretation : Economic Matters Only? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-28 09:16:54 |Display all floors
My replies are sometimes deleted and I have to repost them. You're not alone. It's a nagging bug in the system. Quite frustrating - I do hope the admin and technical support can resolve it.

I'm sure people would like to see your reply and debate on it. Unless it's bigotry, there's not reason for deliberate deletion by moderator / admin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 21:12:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yinghan at 2008-5-28 11:16
My replies are sometimes deleted ...... It's a nagging bug in the system.  ......, there's not reason for deliberate deletion by moderator / admin.

Are you serious, or a standup comedian ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 23:01:41 |Display all floors
I feel the Chinese side still doesn't understand the T.ibs! They think because Chinese are so maerialistic all and sundry has to be the same. The truth is, unfortunately,?that the T.ibs are people who don't think the worship of money is an honest hobby.

The standard of living has improved? But who paid and is still paying the price?

You guessed it - the T.ibs.

They are China's Last Mohicans on display for the hordes of touroids equipped with their digital cameras and sound-recording equipment. These days it is the Chinese who sillily believe in the existence of "nobel savages" - to entertain themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-29 12:09:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by coffeemate at 2008-5-29 00:01
I feel the Chinese side still doesn't understand the T.ibs! They think because Chinese are so maerialistic all and sundry has to be the same. The truth is, unfortunately,?that the T.ibs are people  ...

The truth is, unfortunately,?that the T.ibs are people who don't think the worship of money is an honest hobby.

Maybe that's true for many t b ans  but I'm sure that the chief money collector doesn't agree with this statement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-29 20:54:45 |Display all floors
Satsu,

The chief money collector works for the Chinese, if agreed with that statement, he'd be in a prison. I think CM is on the right track, nearly all of my Chinese friends and especially the first generation Chinese friends agree that China's culture is a lot more cynical and materialistic than most others they've met. I can see that easily being the case by comparison to Tbt.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-29 21:16:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-5-29 21:54
Satsu,

The chief money collector works for the Chinese, if agreed with that statement, he'd be in a prison. I think CM is on the right track, nearly all of my Chinese friends and especially the  ...

The chief money collector works for the Chinese, if agreed with that statement, he'd be in a prison.

Either I lost you here or .... how can he work for the Chinese when living in India?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-31 14:58:04 |Display all floors
Given the millions of stipends the Dalai Lama is getting, reception at five star hotels, and fine dining, we wonder if materialism is indeed a Tibetan value or even Buddhist?  The Free Tibet movement comprise many exiles who have taken up foreign citizenship running a successful business from the industry from momentos to publications.

It is a basic human behaviour. Do you think Jews, capitalistic Americans, no-nonsense traits of some Anglo-Saxon cultures do not promote materialism? What's wrong with earning your worth if you put in the hard work and brain work. Only those lacking would be envious and bitter about it.   

Some folks may have misunderstood Chinese friends (who may not have seen your true colors).  Anything wrong with getting out of poverty that previous generations suffered?  Economic survival is a basic human right.

Mind you, I'm not kidding.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.