Author: yinghan

Tibet Interpretation : Economic Matters Only? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-26 22:59:15 |Display all floors
May I remind everybody that only the Chinese rulers and the Party decide what goes into public discussions inside China?

Still, it is heartening to know that even inside Party-supervised, mind-controlled China there are individuals who have thoughts all their own, usually seriously at variance with official mantras and tenets.

One name to keep in mind: W.oeser Wan.g - among many others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 00:37:28 |Display all floors

Frank and Rational...

Is how I would describe this article, and it's somewhat suprising that it is still here. Possibly they are testing the waters for a new and more intelligent approach to TBT.

I would trust this article, in spite of the anonymity of the official (perhaps by request), far more than the entirely fictional accounts you see in the Chinese media (not news, but instructions as to policy and who is a "clique" or "devil", etc, etc., as of course Western media, for all its faults, does not have that monolithic propagandizing agenda).  

This analysis seems entirely objective and rational, and refreshingly dispassionate; it is trying to determine and solve problems, and not trying to identify and vilify enemies as has been the routine on this issue in the past. This is the kind of thinking that will lead to a long-term solution to the problem, address the legitimate concerns of TBTns, and preserve the unity of the country.

This official should be promoted!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 15:39:29 |Display all floors

Tibetans like Aborigines?

Look no further.  The writer only needs to reflect on the same problems that plague Australian multiculturalism.

The indigenous - aboriginal people - have been left behind. The mining boom, real estate, tourism, etc.  Many  aborigines are not fluent in English or skilled to benefit from economic development.  Years of social reforms, stolen generation, some forms of affirmative action and government intervention have failed to resolve the problem. Many Aussies allude to laziness of the aboriginal people.

Does that give the aboriginal people the right to riot and kill innocent civilians? I believe not because it is criminal.

China has only just come out of communism in the 1980s.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 15:39:55 |Display all floors
Look no further.  The writer only needs to reflect on the same problems that plague Australian multiculturalism.

The indigenous - aboriginal people - have been left behind. The mining boom, real estate, tourism, etc.  Many  aborigines are not fluent in English or skilled to benefit from economic development.  Years of social reforms, stolen generation, some forms of affirmative action and government intervention have failed to resolve the problem. Many Aussies allude to laziness of the aboriginal people.

Does that give the aboriginal people the right to riot and kill innocent civilians? I believe not because it is criminal.

China has only just come out of communism in the 1980s.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 15:52:16 |Display all floors
Don't make excuses, Ying. You've just said "China only stopped beating its wife in the 1980s" as if that somehow excused it.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 18:29:17 |Display all floors
Who's making excuses? We are trying to understand better.

Why should there be double standards when social and ethnic problems are happening in every multicultural nation?

So who is kidding and asking for excuses? Usually the ones who make the most noises by pointing at others but not looking at themselves.

Don't put words into others' mouth - no one talked about beating but you?
China was communist in all the provinces and all the regions - no exception.

Compared to the aborigines, see how far and fast Tibetans standard of living have progressed since the 1950s inspite of communism. Its better to share a growing pie than not having any crumbs at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 19:30:59 |Display all floors
Ying,

My replies are deleted, so you shan't know.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.