Author: satsu_jin

Asia's rise befalls the West [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-26 10:34:34 |Display all floors
Without getting into details of the new appointments in UN, I can say that from my observations Koreans are one of the most backin-each-other nations in the world.

In practice, if a bidder A(non-Korean) and bidder B ( Korean)  apply for delivering their services/goods to a Korean customer, the result is known before the envelopes are opened. Koreans do not play fair if there is any question of Korean/non-Korean choice.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-26 10:40:47 |Display all floors

The Only One

The only one that the U.S. would have been "happy" with as Sec. General would be the BULLmesister hisself - John Bolton.  That's the only way America can ensure that the Lakota's application to join the UN never sees the light of day:

http://osdir.com/ml/ballistichelmet.heads/2003-12/msg00134.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-26 10:53:45 |Display all floors

The First Half Rules Out the Second

Boring wrote:

"The US is happy with any secretary general that does not come from a routine HR abuser and would prefer one that is also not an American."

That is automatic, in view of the American record in HR abuses around the globe - starting with the School of the Americas a few decades ago (still there, under another name), and "climaxing" with Abu Grahib and Gitmo.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-26 10:57:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by doberman at 2008-5-26 11:34
Without getting into details of the new appointments in UN, I can say that from my observations Koreans are one of the most backin-each-other nations in the world.

In practice, if a bidder A(non ...

Dob,

I'm afraid you're right. Have experienced strange things in the RoK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-26 11:33:02 |Display all floors
according to my personal experience in this world, including many others' observations both Chinese nationals and non-Chinese nationals (European descendents, S./C. Americans etc.), S.Koreans are the most nationalism, and the narrowest minded nationality in the world. Not enough, they don't care and respect any other nationals or races, except 1) America; 2) Western; 3) or Japan.  

I personally very much look down such type of persons -

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-26 12:07:04 |Display all floors

The " light bulb " moment .

Originally posted by interesting at 2008-5-26 06:09
The US is happy with any secretary general that does not come from a routine HR abuser and would prefer one that is also not an American.

Aren't they the same ?  : Human Rights abusers and Americans ?  Abu Ghraib , Guantanamo Bay , rendition and torture ,  eavesdropping on private citizens without court order ,  illegal invasion , raping women in your " protectorate " ?   Baron Boring is at last admitting to the obvious .  Cheers buddy .   

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-26 12:44:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iii3hairs at 2008-5-26 12:33
according to my personal experience in this world, including many others' observations both Chinese nationals and non-Chinese nationals (European descendents, S./C. Americans etc.), S.Koreans are t ...

3hairs,

They are very moody and change their attitude quite often. What is valid today isn't anymore tomorrow. As for them respecting Japanese, I doubt this. They love to hate them. Until about 2  or 3 years ago you couldn't find a single Japanese product in the country. In general buying anything foreign was and I believe still is considered to be unpatriotic.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.