Author: chinadaily

China thanks foreign quake donors ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-24 21:43:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-5-24 19:57
There are indeed kind hearted foreigners who wish China well and if they run companies which are in partnership with Chinese counter-parts in doing business , donations for this human tragedy is pa ...

A very few may be kind hearted but they sure do let everyone know that they have contributed.

Reminds me of the the crooks that give to charity, as they give, they turn to make sure everyone is watching!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-24 21:50:47 |Display all floors

What you mean, those Gringos are our

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-25 04:41:28 |Display all floors
Mengzhi,

That's the kind of shrinkage we experience as a relief agency and, as I said, that figure includes people bartering with their aid--you know, trading their water filter for cigarettes and so on.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-25 07:46:57 |Display all floors
# 18  Boring ,

You are related to a " relief agency " ?  OMG , now we know the way you operate : 25% creamed off the top huh ?  A nice job if you can get it . Just because there are irresponsible , avaricious and criminal minds working in your organization does not mean that the Chinese do it .  Now we know what the west's NGOs think of  ' help'. No wonder the Yanks want to " help " in Myanmar . Maybe a 50% mark up !! Can I apply ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-25 08:13:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-5-25 09:46
Just because there are irresponsible , avaricious and criminal minds working in your organization does not mean that the Chinese do it .  ...

We know the "Chinese do it" as I mentioned in an earlier post, which quoted reports from Sichuan, where a Chinese army official was giving donated aid materials to his girlfriends family to sell !
It is clear that the people of China are no more angels than the rest of humanity, Mengzhi.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-25 09:08:04 |Display all floors

Reply #20 emucentral's post

THIS COMMENT IS HURTFUL TO THE CHINESE IN THEIR TRANSPARENCY THEY HAVE REPORTED THE SAME INVESTIGATION AS EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO OBEY LAWS IN DISASTER RELIEF WITHIN CHINA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-25 12:04:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by broken_heart at 2008-5-25 11:08
Reply #20 emucentral's post

THIS COMMENT IS HURTFUL TO THE CHINESE IN THEIR TRANSPARENCY THEY HAVE REPORTED THE SAME INVESTIGATION AS EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO OBEY LAWS IN DISASTER RELIEF WITHIN CHINA.  

What the fcuk are you on about, "hurtful" ?

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, the report on Australian TV quoted Chinese media.

I have never suggested anything other than transparency in this particular case.

My point is that while the usual Sinonazis like Mengzhi keep accusing the rest of the world of profiteering out of the misery of the people of Sichuan, it is clear that there are also a small number of people in China doing just that.
The behaviour of humans anywhere in the world is generally no better nor worse than anywhere else.
There will always be those who cheat, steal and abuse their fellow citizens.

Mengzhi's attribution of these negative qualities only to europeans, is thoroughly wrong, as well as blatantly racist.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.