Author: reportersh

In time of Disaster, the West doesn't forget to bash China [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-20 10:46:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reportersh at 2008-5-20 11:25
Read a recent story by la Liberation of France, you will be even more outraged.

You mean this one:

Une catastrophe si bien exploitée  by Pascale Nivelle ?

Total cr*p and even envy about Japanese teams that were given the green light.  A cold hearted story that says more about France than about China.

I believe that's all a matter of trust. France belongs to the group of countries that mustn't be trusted, evidence is there for all to see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 10:55:41 |Display all floors

Reply #3 wanzheli's post

wanzheli, I'm aware that your English, while very good, mightn't understand some nuances of those of us who speak English natively. This doesn't make us better than you but can, sometimes, cause misunderstandings as it has here. I didn't say that the media in China are putting on a show. I actually said that the coverage so far shows us all how much the leadership of China cares for their people. Good show is an old English saying meaning "well done". Hope I've cleared that up.

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2008-5-20 10:56 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 14:16:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-5-20 12:31
It would perhaps be best if China confined such evil pests to a separate island (I suggest Xisha in the South China Sea) and allowed them to run amuck as they deem fit.

And where the heck shall we send you?
Not even your parents will want you.

No one else will put up with your stupidity but us kind people in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 14:22:30 |Display all floors

Reply #18 seneca's post

But don't give 'em access to any outside comms might be a good idea too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-22 01:44:23 |Display all floors
but maybe it's because France's image is a bit tarnished, don't you think so?

Yes for sure, but damn, don't say that West or France doesn't help, of course there is political recuperation, look to what Hu is doing! Posing with victims, isn't it recuperation, too?

And yes I heard that (at least just after the quake) that China would accept money or emergency kit, but NO stranger teams...West bias?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-22 20:55:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reportersh at 2008-5-19 14:42
In time of Disaster, the West doesn't forget to bash China ...  

In  time of need, the ignorant, self righteous, xenophobic, SinoNazi posters don't forget to bash the rest of the world !
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-22 21:02:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by actionjoe at 2008-5-22 02:44

Yes for sure, but damn, don't say that West or France doesn't help, of course there is political recuperation, look to what Hu is doing! Posing with victims, isn't it recuperation, too?

And  ...

This is not the whole truth. China accepted rescue teams from Japan, T w, Rep. of Korea, Russia and Singapore and right now there is a 24 member doctor's team from Japan in the area.   So there are plenty of teams in the disaster zone.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.