Author: reportersh

In time of Disaster, the West doesn't forget to bash China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-20 10:08:33 |Display all floors

Would we care?

All we care is how much support to Gov from chinese people

Whatever they say, they can listen to it. We really dont care

Want war? want boycott? want to be friend? Whatever they want to do, we are ready
What is quality in modern management?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-20 10:11:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by actionjoe at 2008-5-20 01:33

That's why France gives 80 tons of first aid kit... I think that's not enough, but I also heard that China refuses helps from stranger secourists...even I'm sure you have good one, refusing hel ...

What rubbish are you talking about? There are rescue teams at work that come from Russia, Japan, RoK, T w  and other parts of the world. I'm not here to speculate, but maybe it's because France's image is a bit tarnished, don't you think so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 10:15:51 |Display all floors
Satsu,

No, actually, it is quite hard to get disaster aid into China. The government does not wish to appear weak and unable to deal with disasters so they tend to cut off easy routes of foreign assistance. This actually happens quite a lot in the world. Other governments, like Myanmar, are simply paranoid or use disasters as convenient cover for killings.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-20 10:18:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reportersh at 2008-5-19 13:42
Today's Global Times reports: Germany's Der Spiegel magazine carried a story in its recent edition, saying that the recent rescue efforts and top national leaders of communist party are merely busy ...

German media know no limits when it comes to express their hatred and disgust for China. Most German media are willing 'slaves' of the D L, don't care what happens to China as long as it does damage China it's all good and justified in their opinion. In all fairness I have to say that this one dimensional view is not typical for the entire Western press but rather unique for Germany. It always reminds us that Germans need a solid enemy to deviate public attentions from their own government's shortcomings.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-20 10:18:58 |Display all floors
So? Then you better ask the Japanese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 10:25:22 |Display all floors
Read a recent story by la Liberation of France, you will be even more outraged.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 10:38:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reportersh at 2008-5-20 10:25
Read a recent story by la Liberation of France, you will be even more outraged.

France under Sarkozy and Germany under Merkel have become the pet poodles of the neo-cons who control the U.S. We all know of their fear and loathing of anything which doesn't fit into their view of how the world should be, especially if it challenges U.S. hegemony.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.