Author: thirdpole

My dear baby, if you can survive, remember I love you [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-19 11:08:07 |Display all floors
interesting: to align with you is the last thing I want to do.

zgglobal: cussword alert!

mengzhi:  tell me what does "jetsam" mean, i can't find it in a dictionary. I have the right to know how Im abused.  I can't prove it is untrue either.  Don't even argue. It's chicanery.

Propaganda can be  placebo in times of calamity.  Despite the fact that I doubt the truthfulness of the story, I am not opposed to using such stories to give people hope.   One thing  reassuring is that the baby was taken best care of his/her dead mother.  That itself is a touching story. The mobile phone part is possibly overstretched.

But no one cares.  I raised my doubt just for discussions in a small circle.  I just hope this possibly untrue story wont bring honor to the one who first dashed it to the public.  BTW, I didn't see any major media carry this story in today's newspaper. They probably also doubted the truthfulness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 12:04:17 |Display all floors
I am afraid to say that I agree with reportersh's most views.  

I also very much doubt any article or pics without source link like this thread on post 1# - which means they can't provide. I even repeatedly asked some "authors" here including CD for the source links when they quoted something from other sources, but they never complied with.

- clarification: I've asked a couple of times for China hashers here like "boring" for the source of his quotes, but he never responded.  I've also asked a couple others who bashed China (in the past, but now they are all in our zhen ying).  The same time I've asked cd a couple of times for providing the source links when they initiated the threads, for better exploring the original source with its background, however cd might be busy, or just ignored us.

[ Last edited by iii3hairs at 2008-5-19 04:50 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 12:44:29 |Display all floors

Reply #14 mengzhi's post

Nah mengzhi, I'd say sceptical regarding #6. I myself am moved by this story and don't doubt it's veracity even though it sounds incredulous. It probably depends on how the building fell and how the child's mother was positioned, but to go into an examination of this is morbid and totally callous, as zg says. I hope the child suffers little trauma and can live a normal, hapy and productive life and know that it's mothers last thoughts were of him or her!

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2008-5-19 12:46 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 13:32:52 |Display all floors

Regarding the news story "My dear baby, if you can survive, pls remember your mom loves you !",

the original news report is by  journalist Zhao Jianhua of China News com. on May 17, 2008.

The link is as follows:

http://www.chinanews.com.cn/gn/news/2008/05-17/1253516.shtml

中新社北京五月十七日电

题:祈福川人!

中新社记者 赵建华

"一定要记住我爱你!" 大地震颤瞬间爱超越生死

2008年05月17日20:17

抢救人员发现她的时候,她已经死了,是被垮塌下来的房子压死的。她双膝跪着,整个上身向前匍匐着,双手扶着地,支撑着身体,象古人行跪拜礼,身体被压的变形。

在她的身体下面躺着她的孩子,大约有三、四个月大。因为母亲身体的庇护,他毫发未伤。被救出来的时候,他还安静的睡着。包裹小孩的被子里,塞着一部手机,屏幕上是一条已经写好了的短信。“亲爱的宝贝,如果你能活着,一定要记住我爱你!”

:):):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 13:36:51 |Display all floors

The original news report of this moving story was by journalist Zhao Jianhua
of China News Com, dated May 17, 2008.

Search the following and you will find it :

中新社北京五月十七日电 题:祈福川人!  中新社记者 赵建华

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 14:22:26 |Display all floors
I read your so-called "source".  This writing is very much like a prose, but news piece.

the rules of news writing: where, when, what, who, why, and how.  

without above 5w 1h, it's not a news. News is not novel or prose or poem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 14:48:19 |Display all floors
3hair, I love you so much  millions kisses

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.