Author: middleway

USA has invaded 66 countries since WW2 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-18 11:17:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kaifengavi at 2008-5-18 10:10

Peterb, what can I tell you ...........
Life is not made out of reports, statements, statistics, ....................... , comissions only. These are the garbage of life.
There are people, p ...

The "settling of accounts", a.k.a. known as vendettas, is always fraught with danger and should be handled carefully, if not avoided.
"Surgical strikes" is a term often used by Americans to descibe their military attacks, but there never seems to be anything "surgical" about their method, rather a good way to alienate the locals and make new enemies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-18 11:19:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-18 11:44:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-5-18 11:09
I did not say that the Americans were any kind of genius in Serbia.
I do not know of a single incidence when America has not looked like the big shoot em up cowboy in any military conflict they ar ...

Zglobal,

I realize that massacres occurred in the former Yugoslavia, of Bosnian muslims and of Serbs. And I know that the western media was fond of describing the massacres of the former as "genocide", although the "settling of accounts" may have descended into something like genocide if left unchecked.

Milosevic fanned the flames of nationalism to further his own political ends, something which even some of his fellow Serbs warned him of. So, on hearing that some Serbs were killed by some Bosnian muslims, all hell broke loose.

The U.S. claimed that its bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade was an "accident". I dunno about that, what with satellite technology and all. All I know is that at the time, the U.S. was the unchallenged superpower riding the crest of a wave after the collapse of the Soviet Union, and perhaps wouldn't have minded delivering a killer punch to any potential challengers. Now, however, it's too late- China has the means to defend itself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-18 15:06:57 |Display all floors
The disembowelment of the former Yugoslavia was the work of NATO and the US . They were powerful enough and hateful enough to want to dismember this communist state , come what may . They took sides and bombed their " enemies " including China . If the Yanks cannot spot an embassy which has been on the same spot for years from a platoon of soldiers , then this mighty superpower is a bigger paper tiger than we thought .

Serbia was the nominated " enemy " and the Kangaroo court was put into action . The judge , jury and executioners were NATO and US .  See the " fair and free " trial there ?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-18 15:14:03 |Display all floors

Mengzhi, Good afternoon to you,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-18 15:15:53 |Display all floors

Surprisingly the people of Serbia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-18 15:17:37 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.