Author: xilaren

SHould we sacrifice a life in order to make people happy? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-15 07:25:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2008-5-15 07:13

I know how to make that combination .Living for the others' dreams is like wasting your life .

You would of said " livng for the others' dreams is like wasting my life"

My statement is living to make my family happy is the absolute right way to live my life.
What is quality in modern management?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-15 10:29:36 |Display all floors
someone is worth to do that,someone isn't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-15 10:42:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-15 11:14:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-5-15 10:42
"""" My statement is living to make my family happy is the absolute right way to live my life. """""

Well that is where the satisfaction comes for ma ...

i  agree    with   you.
i  think  xilaren  is  so  kind  that  she  always  thinks of  others more  than  herself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-15 11:46:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-5-15 10:42
"""" My statement is living to make my family happy is the absolute right way to live my life. """""

Well that is where the satisfaction comes for ma ...

Well i am not married yet so i dont know how much i can sacrifice for my future love ones But for my biological members as parents, bro and sis I think i would give a lot without expectation of getting back.

Maybe you are a westerner or atleast raised in the west. There is a cultural family spirit in china society and some of asian countries as well. Its hard to explain to you to not only just understand it but feel it.

If you do watch chinese movies, there are lots of cultural family spirit in there. People would die or give everything to save or help other members of the family. Its really  difficult to explain that but let put it this way for an example.

if my bro got a problem of alcoholic or drug, we are all of the family responsible to help it not just feel responsible. Yes, we are. If in western society, most of ppl just take resonsibility to talk to the guy like " man, its no good, you have to go for a rehab". We would force him to get sober and clean like lock him up, chain him up, send him somewhere he can't reach bad stuff until he is clean.

That act is actually against his goodwill but we still do and dont care because he is one of us, we are one people. But westerners wouldnt do that because they tend to be more individual and do their own way. I am not saying that chinese ppl are more responsible to family than westener but we do act differently.:)

I mean its not ez to get you a clear understanding of it. i hope it somehow explains a bit of my point.

There would be lots of chines disagree with me, maybe i am too traditional But it is the way it has been for long long time and still now.

[ Last edited by huylee at 2008-5-15 11:49 AM ]
What is quality in modern management?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-15 11:49:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-5-15 15:17:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huylee at 2008-5-15 11:46

Well i am not married yet so i dont know how much i can sacrifice for my future love ones But for my biological members as parents, bro and sis I think i would give a lot without expectation of ...

I understand very well what you mean but I am afraid you have not understood well what I mean
I have been a daughter but now I am a mother .So I have got the experience of both situations.
I taught my children to have morals and princliples.I taught them the values in life ,I taught them to have feelings for people and I also taught them to protect their soul and body .I mostly taught them with my behaviour and not with too many words.This is what I did as a mother and I can say I have been a strict and traditional mother.At the same time I tried to keep their will and thought free.
Our children are not our possession.They have to be happy by being independent in their thoughts and will.
I did not oblige my children to accept a life which would cover only my personal and emotional needs.
Mothers who demand that are selfish and care only about themselves .Free people give you their heart because they want to and not because they are obliged to.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.