Author: dragons

The USA, RSA, and UK Political Merry-Go-Round. Revised [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-19 01:49:53 |Display all floors

British Sports, Movies and Unity.

I sympathize with the British people's frustration toward UK's Scotland vs England problems.  The Englishman may not want to get together with the Scots or vice versa but the Queen and the Royal Family do.  It is because for political reasons her ancestors were very well mixed hybrids of Scots and Englishman.   Their problems stemed from the fact that both people are sport enthusiasts watching to much football/soceer, rugby and cricket matiches played between England and Scotland.  Obviously sometime  the Scots had won and you hated it.   Spectator sports have never done anyone any good.    That is why on a separate post of mine (dragaons) under the topic of "Beijing Olympic,"  I've tried to stop Chinese sport enthusiasm after the Beijing Olympic.   Spectator sports, especially those with some bad American influence, is extremely bad for world peace.   The Americans are extremely selfish and love to see disintegration of other countries.  American team sports especially those with plenty of Black players on both sides must be avoided.   The results of  Obama's election has confirmed their illegally planned outcomes on both elections and games.     SO STOP WATCHING THOSE AMERICAN GAMES!  AND KEEP YOUR KINGDOM UNITED.  Also stop watching movies played or made by Mel Gibson because everyone knows he was a convicted racist and religious maniac    It is especially true for Richard Gere who is a big time racist always spoke against Chinese.  Gere is a Chinese hater.  Stop watching Richard Gere movies.  The Chinese government must ban all movies made by companies who had ever hired Richard Gere before.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 21:12:10 |Display all floors
'According to your explanation,  it is so happened that Gordon Brown was strolling along Downing Street, and at "Number 10" when he met Merlin, and with the touch of his magic wand Gordon Brown became Prime Minister....You seem to know little or nothing about realistic British politic as an UK resident.'

Hahaha hello dragons, I think you might well be on a very sticky wicket with that claim son.

Gordon Brown became PM because no one in the governing Labour Party challenged him for the position. Actually one wanted to, but he didn't get enough support from the Parliamentary Labour Party to even mount a challenge. Why Gordon Brown became leader is simple - during the 1990's, he and Tony Blair (The two main protaganists for the change from the Labour Party to the New Labour Party after a decade or more out of power) made a pact, at a restaurant (Granita if you wish to look it up) that Tony Blair would be leader before stepping aside for Brown at a later date. That date was never confirmed, the two men fell out but when Blair finally left office he supported, and demanded of his loyal MPs that they also support, Brown as the next leader.

Completely undemocratic of course but such is power.

Not sure what you're going on about with all the Scotland stuff though, you've lost me with your rambling. Of course Scotland brings in a lot of revenue with North Sea Oil & Gas, but they are past peak production and won't be around for much longer - indeed, Britain is increasingly an importer of energy, from Norway mainly - nd many English would say that Scotland receives more taxpayer (Overwhelmingly English) money than it makes for the UK from its oil revenue.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-21 12:08:46 |Display all floors

Reply #36 dragons's post

use bicycles, in that case!

ha ha ha

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-21 12:11:29 |Display all floors

Reply #38 thedacs's post

Please take care and make LONDON a decent place.
I am still harbouring thoughts of having a summer home in London.

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-22 19:59:06 |Display all floors
London is alright if you're not a teenage boy, but there are plenty of other places i'd have a summer home in than London in all honesty greendragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-23 16:10:05 |Display all floors

respond to #39 Bicycles, a Chinese ideology

Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-5-21 12:08
use bicycles, in that case!

ha ha ha

Green Dragon

Bicycles may work.  Then you will not be a dragon but a copy cat, everyone knows that Chinese came up the with the original idea about using bicycles when no countries in the world were willing to share their petroleum with China.  Sad, isn't it?

[ Last edited by dragons at 2008-5-23 04:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-23 16:59:42 |Display all floors
Draggin', you've proved beyond any doubt your total and utter ignorance of a whole range of issues, including the issue of the el-ecti-on of Prime Ministers in Westminster Parliamentary democracies.

As has been said by others more eloquent than me, Brown was selected by a few hundred Members of Parliament and his party has not faced a general el-ecti-on with him as the putative Prime Minister, so he has not been el-ect-ed as PM, directly or indirectly, by the British voters.

The rest of the utter crap you've written, like how Mandela was awarded by HM QE II so that Obama wins the US Presidential ele-ctio-n so that "Scottish" McCain doesn't get e-lec-ted President which would encourage him to support Scottish inde-pen-den-ce, is simply an indicator that you've not been taking your tablets, as prescribed by your psychiatrist.

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-5-23 07:00 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.