Author: dragons

The USA, RSA, and UK Political Merry-Go-Round. Revised [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-16 15:13:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dragons at 2008-5-13 08:19
Gordon Brown was certainly elected by the British people.  It is so simple.

WRONG.

The Labour Party was elected. The Prime Minister is NOT elected by the British people - he is chosen by his party.

Gordon Brown was NOT elected by the British people.

Simple, eh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 15:26:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 15:50:16 |Display all floors
Those are the ways your country determine nationality.  Not the American way.  American distingusih their people  within the United States by their nationality, such as Italian Americans, Irish Americans, Chinese Americans, Scottish Americans, etc.....   Italian, Irish, Chinese, Scottish, etc..... are the nationality of such Americans....    I have already mentioned in my other post that Americans or some other people called musician "artist".  It doesn't mean I like it, but that is the way they are doing it or saying it.   

As for the controversy about who elected Gordon Brown.  Are you telling me that those people sitting in the British Parliament not British people?    What people are they?  Chinese?

[ Last edited by dragons at 2008-5-16 03:57 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 15:57:22 |Display all floors

dragoon

Throughout this thread you have shown a staggering lack of knowledge about how the electoral process works in the UK - and about what the Scottish people want.

Originally posted by dragons at 2008-5-13 08:19
Gordon Brown was certainly elected by the British people.  It is so simple.

Gordon Brown WAS NOT elected by the British people. The end.

The British people choose the PARTY not the LEADER. Brown was NOT ELECTED into his role by the BRITISH PEOPLE.

Can you grasp that concept?

Are you related to changaball?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 15:57:48 |Display all floors

Mr Duck

You are wasting your time

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 16:20:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rocky_horror at 2008-5-16 15:57
Throughout this thread you have shown a staggering lack of knowledge about how the electoral process works in the UK - and about what the Scottish people want.

Gordon Brown WAS NOT elected b ...

If everyone in the democratic world have to go by what you've said then no people will elect any candidates.  Then you  can go on saying the Americans don't elect their presidents because the Americans have to elected the delegates who will then elected the presidents, etc...    The I will again say what are the delegates?  Chinese?e?....................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 16:25:06 |Display all floors

dragoon

Do you know how Gordon Brown became Prime Minister?
a) yes
b) no

It seems to be b)

Do you know how the system works in the UK?

People vote to choose their local MP. The Party with the majority of elected MPs becomes the government. The PARTY chooses their LEADER. The people DO NOT vote to choose the PRIME MINISTER.

The system in the US is different.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.