Author: mandywr

Is China demonized by western media [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-12 16:21:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-12 16:53:25 |Display all floors
it is a complicated issue. it depends on different angles.

Based on the different value systems between the east and the west, it is comprehensible that some conflict is inevitable. Like the TIbet issue, it is misunderstood by some westerners as a religious crackdown. in that case, it is not only the media effect but also about the value system.

Besides, media's funtion is distinguishing in different country. if we regared it as a political issue, while the media organ in that country has liitle control by their government, we can not say that the media demonize China to sever for the government standpoint.

All in all, culture conflict can not be ignored in this issue.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-12 17:08:58 |Display all floors
i would also have to say
the western media are doing journalism
they are also doing business

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-12 17:22:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 413pinoy at 2008-5-11 14:43
... that question. If the "WEST" is not demonized by China.

I think thats why this forum is not that bad at all, even it has its shortcomings. At least we can try to understand each ot ...

Your figure is true even more than a fact. Misunderstanding. conflict is all about. But China and the West have come closer and closer dont you agree? Someday, our kids will join hands together and laugh at how stupid their fathers fought for
What is quality in modern management?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-12 17:27:36 |Display all floors
Not really, very few groups are demonized because it takes a lot of effort.

China gets panned in the Western media but... well... for the same reasons that China gets panned by its own dissidents. Funny that.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-12 17:31:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-5-12 14:07
In my opinion, most western media, and foreigners are totally racist towards China.

Ducky, could you further elaborate what you think how  you define "racism" ? What about what Whampoa said to you, was it racist? Don't answer me that it was stupid, I know that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-12 17:40:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.