Author: middleway

China and the USA both may not be the answer. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-20 14:37:05 |Display all floors

Yes , I hate flag waving

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 14:38:56 |Display all floors

Reply #14 mengzhi's post

Now now, that's not what I meant and I think you know that well, naughty naughty ole pal!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-23 02:58:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-5-20 13:29
My take on it is that while China is developing and dealing with her own internal problems, she can't take her place as a true power centre in the sense that the US is now, but once she's developed to a point that her leaders deem ready, we may well see mengzhis soft power become a different kind of power that is anything but soft. Remember that Chinas people are settling in other countries in droves and I think this is one method by which China will assert herself in the future, military, diplomatic and financial being the others. I'm not worried for myself or the next generation, but what happens after that is anybodys guess and as much as I love Chinese folks, my guess is that it'll be anything but good. Sorry, just a gut feeling I have.

I think this is the typical result of decades of scaremongering. The PRC has no history of brutally oppressing other nations, even the Dalai Lama said the Chinese treated Tibetans better than the British and the British noted that China behaved better in Korea than the U.S.

The PRC stood in stark contrast to the USSR as not being frequently engaged in imperial escapades to spread communism.

I think presently there is some issue with China's behavior in Africa because right now they employ a lot of people from China, but I don't believe this will stand. China will have to employ the locals and that  will benefit African economies. I think China could be a major source of development and modernization in Africa in the coming years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-28 21:28:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kodama at 2008-5-23 02:58

I think presently there is some issue with China's behavior in Africa because right now they employ a lot of people from China, but I don't believe this will stand. China will have to employ the locals and that  will benefit African economies. I think China could be a major source of development and modernization in Africa in the coming years.

cheers to that! bring it on! africa could use all the help it could get, flood the CHinese in there and help out, it can only work in a positive way and take some relief pressure off countries such as USA. The world would greatly appreciate that, it could be a great thing for China, their first big international relief opperation, fixing Africa, that'd make people stand up and take notice of CHina.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.