Views: 6408|Replies: 20

I am very very angry [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-7 10:35:10 |Display all floors
I lost my bicycle yesterday !

I live in Donguan , but I am not a Donguan person! you know , Donguan prohibited motorcycle last year! so I have to buy a bike to go to work everyday , but the thieives are everwhere, I just spend about three hundred yuan to bought that bike less than half of month , I feel very angry , Dongguan is so rich , but cound not give some space to place bike ?   no way , I must to buy other one ! no choice , but how to protect it doesn't happened again? give me your experiences! maybe you are a driver! this just a reminder  
where there is a will
there is a way

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 13:23:06 |Display all floors
To help prevent the theft of bicycles in England, the police advise that a bicycle is engraved with a unique identification number than will allow anyone to identify the probable owner.

The identification numbers used in England are the post code eg RH6 the number for the town and 0HS for the number of the road and then add the house number eg 235.  Combined together that would read RH60HS235 and would allow the police or a private buyer to go to the house and confirm the ownership of the bicycle. This method can also be used for other valuables such as TVs CD players etc.

Perhaps you could design a system that would be apropriate for your city and talk to your local police station?

Meanwhile my wife uses a heavy duty padlock and chain and attatches her bycycle to a tree or lamp post and has not lost her new looking bicycle to date.

[ Last edited by fatdragon at 2008-5-7 01:25 PM ]
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 13:57:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fatdragon at 2008-5-7 13:23
To help prevent the theft of bicycles in England, the police advise that a bicycle is engraved with a unique identification number than will allow anyone to identify the probable owner.

The iden ...

that sounds good , but who will pay for the bill . so perhaps the goverment  should to take some methods to protect  civil   benefits
where there is a will
there is a way

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 16:19:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blessedness at 2008-5-7 13:57

that sounds good , but who will pay for the bill . so perhaps the goverment  should to take some methods to protect  civil   benefits

In the UK the owner of the bicycle pays to have it engraved with the number by the bicycle shop. Because the number identifies the house then there is no need for the police to maintain a register of ownership.

Provided that you can come up with a workable solution that isn't going to be a drain on public funds then you could expect the police to be delighted to co-operate because it makes their job much easier in identifying stolen goods, makes prosecution easier and therefore acts as a deterrant to would be thieves.

I would guess that if you could design an easy and simple way to uniquely identify goods then the local government might be persuaded to pay for leaflets or whatever to advertise the scheme. You never know, they might even offer you a job in crime prevention.

Think over your ideas carefully and don't rush into it or you will not be taken seriously Think of the objections that you are likely to get and solve them. Think of the advantages for the police and the government.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 16:23:17 |Display all floors
use more than 3 to 4 chain locks for keeping your bicyle in the public place.
the thief will not like to break 3 clocks---too much trouble.

Is it possible to buy/use a foldable bicyle? So you can always keep it near you.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-5-7 17:01:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blessedness at 2008-5-7 10:35
I lost my bicycle yesterday !

I live in Donguan , but I am not a Donguan person! you know , Donguan prohibited motorcycle last year! so I have to buy a bike to go to work everyda ...

Government?Which government is so pure to undertake such an obligation?Governments know how to steal and not how to pay.
Use a chain and never leave it unprotected.Only in villages we leave our bikes unprotected.In big cities it is out of the question>
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 20:27:51 |Display all floors
i chained my bike to a stop sign once in Melbourne, came back half an hour later and someone had pulled up the stop sign, pinched my bike, and left the sign leaning up against a wall!!!!!

it was such a heap of crap old bike as well, i dont know why they even bothered.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.