Author: chinadaily

Is a food crisis on the horizon? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-18 20:34:51 |Display all floors

Reply #34 greendragon's post

Hi GD..what is the timing on those crisis scneraios.

Protein bars, like those for athletes? You think the crises will be that strong?

In my coutry I worry with the lack experience and large scale mechanisms to deal with the new umpredicable natural changes of our planet...such as safety protocol system or damage control management for large natural disasters.

We are now facing ciclones on the south and even a small earthquacke on the southeast metropolitan region...not to worry so much...but should not be ignored I think.

Thanks

syncman

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-1 02:08:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2008-5-6 16:31
hi, lxforone, in another way of saying "If we are not yet in a food crisis, will we face it pretty soon?"  does that make sense?

no ,i don't  agree with you .more and more farmerland have been  occupied to build factories.if the situation goes on ,china will face a serious situation .actaully there is no rice to export and you must import rice form the other countries. you may ask me :how do you know it. if you stay at the countryside,you will see many  land lose theyir original function.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-2 21:53:41 |Display all floors
stock up as well as you can on dry storage life-sustaining foods such as rice, and flour. that is the most valuable commodity any of us could have, and should have. forget other investments and purchases, invest in yourself, and your own life, all extra space in your home should be food storage. grains, flours, pastas, noodles, etc, any and all dry goods. as well as means to cook them. for at least 1 month. with at least a 60 day supply of clean fresh pure drinking water with small amounts of iodine added to the water containers for preservation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-3 13:59:20 |Display all floors
not in China, but through the whole world, we can see the food crisis appear, i do believe that we are already suffering the food crisis!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-10 16:11:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lilyhappy929 at 2008-6-3 13:59
not in China, but through the whole world, we can see the food crisis appear, i do believe that we are already suffering the food crisis!

food so expensive thses days.........

rice normally sold at $1.70/kg now cost....oops out of stock so had to pay $3.30 for better quality ones.......almost double the expenses
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-10 16:15:34 |Display all floors

Food price rise highly all around the world

Now China Does also be effected by food price ,many southeast Asian countries have taken messures to sustain food price,such as rice is limited to export:):)

[ Last edited by alfredli at 2008-6-10 04:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-10 16:23:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by alfredli at 2008-6-10 16:15
Now China Does also be effected by food price ,many southeast Asian countries have taken messures to sustain food price,such as rice is limited to export:):)

such as rice is limited to NO export

they hv to bring thier own local prices down.......

only solution is to grow your own rice
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.