Author: rovi297

(ZT) 老外看中国:让我来说一说中国学生的可笑英文名 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-14 17:14:04 |Display all floors
Actually many foreigners in China also have strange Chinese names for themselves.
I still remenber an American who appeared in a TV program named himself 仙雨蛇(Xian Yu She), literally meaning  "god rain snake", because he thought these three Chinese characters are beautiful and mysterious, and I had been driven nuts on the spot!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-14 17:23:30 |Display all floors
But some foreigners' Chinese names are splendid and meaningful, with cultural connotations.
For example, M.A.K. Halliday, an Austrilian linguist whose commend of Chinese was more than excellent, called himself 韩礼德. It sounds like a perfect original Chinese name, and Chinese natives will surely believe it comes from an intellectual with solid knowledge in traditinal Chinese culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-10 15:05:32 |Display all floors
my english name is sarah.it comes from the  film "knight ridder",have u seen before?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-11 11:41:33 |Display all floors
our foreign teachers always did that. whenever the new teacher came to our class in college, they just could not stand the names, so we changed our english names frequently, and i remembered that i got totally four english names in college.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE THAT IS THE QUESTION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-18 11:28:01 |Display all floors
名字只要自己喜欢就好!
爱就爱自己爱的.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.