Author: fatdragon

I hate Cicadas [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-6 20:35:52 |Display all floors

But the favourite in China is probably....

Cicada on a Stick

An appetizer skewered on a toothpick. Invite the neighbors over, serve them several drinks, then pass around the bugs.

If the drinks are stiff enough and the neighbors not too attentive, they may never notice.

If they do notice, be sure to decline any subsequent invitation to dinner at their house. Revenge can be brutal.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-6 20:41:46 |Display all floors

And in case you wondered

This is what it looks like with an mouthwatering alternative in the scorpions - presumably to take the tase away.  
feeling_stick.jpg
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-6 20:55:32 |Display all floors
Me too, make me SICK,  so DISGUSTING
i hate moth inmensely 2.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-6 21:07:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by doberman at 2008-5-6 12:16
I heard canchin complying about the soundless chamber he has to live now. Dragon, contact canchin and make a swap. It will not cost you much, may be only 2 out of these 3 rivers...

Perhaps if I could divert these rivers through the south east of Chengdu then I could get some sleep tonight. One of the rivers is seriously BIG but we are near the top of the building.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 20:25:11 |Display all floors
you are wise in the ways of exotic food, oh fat dragon!

i've always been curious about eating scorpions, what's the deal with the stinging tail? can you eat it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-8 17:26:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by middleway at 2008-5-7 20:25
you are wise in the ways of exotic food, oh fat dragon!

i've always been curious about eating scorpions, what's the deal with the stinging tail? can you eat it?

Best way to find out is to try it - zglobal told me that.

But if you need a demonstration, hear it is from utube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnwHxf2ShVk

Please note that he spits out the tip.

I think a live scorpion is a bit dodgey especially if you have a cut in your mouth or ulcers etc. But I seem to remember that cooking them breaks down the poison which is probably the reason why you can buy them ready cooked in places like WangFuJing night market in Beijing.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-8 17:57:31 |Display all floors
Cicadas

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.