Author: expatter

Visas [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-8 03:15:10 |Display all floors
See?

If I write something and leave things alone long enough, you guys will answer yourselves and come up with the correct answer.

China has been incredibly lax with her immigration laws and allowed even guys like seneca-dear to live in China illegally. China has always been - since I came here in 1988 - very patient and accommodating with foreigners.

What? You think the China govt. didn't and doesn't know that many thousands of foreigners are living in China and working in China illegally? Of course they know! The law has stated for decades that every foreigner entering China must either stay at and register at a hotel or register at the paichusuo in the district where they live and provide copies of their temporary resident permit and employment contract.

The China govt of course knows that many foreigners do not operate within those legal restrictions that require them to obtain and provide a contract and working visa and Temporary Resident card...but they have let it slide both as an assistance to China companies and to the foreigners themselves.

Hey! WE do stand out a bit you know! Not to hard to notice that I'm not Chinese...but then again, I do pay taxes and have the requisite documents.

Mighty Duck, with all due respect to any HK people you know, it is easy for HK people to come to Shenzhen or anyplace else in China...as tourists. All they have to do is present their HK ID card and they can come in and go shopping or travel etc. As for working, being employed or running a company, the law states that they have to register, get the requisite permission and etc. Not a big deal and far easier for a "legal" HK worker to do than for a truly foreign person. The ones that emulate the average foreign worker and try and avoid paying taxes by running what is essentially an unlicensed company...well, I find it difficult to fault the China govt for any criminal activity by anyone.

This, to, will blow over, and rather than tying the China govt to the pillory, better to cast the blame for this where it belongs...the terrorists and morons that caused the problem, the idiots in places such as London and Paris - and Canberra - and the govt stooges from those places who, along with the vacuous so-called media - feel it incumbent on them to insult China and Chinese people on a daily basis for the last month or so to try and ruin if they can, the Beijing Olympics.

If those retards had not seen the Olympics as an opportunity to insult China and Chinese people then none of the current situation would be taking place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-8 03:32:09 |Display all floors

On your last note, a disagreement

Originally posted by oneweare at 5/7/2008 02:15 PM
See?

If I write something and leave things alone long enough, you guys will answer yourselves and come up with the correct answer.

If those retards had not seen the Olympics as an opportunity to insult China and Chinese people then none of the current situation would be taking place.

Whether the Olympics were in Beijing or not, whether an incident occurred in T B T or not, I do believe a brooming like this would still have occured this year.

Before the flamethrowers come out - I believe China is reacting, as a great many countries (U.S. included) are also reacting, to the greater shift in historic world poltick - the latest mass migration of the human population.

As the world changes, as it has in the past - the human condition is attempting to adjust along.  However, those pesky geo-political questions are cropping up - as they have in the past too:

1)  Who goes where?

2)  Who gets to stay?

3)  Who is told to leave?

4)  Who is just shot and used for fertilizer?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-8 05:19:56 |Display all floors

Blow over?

No it won't.
And unfortunately it's a baby out with the bath water scenario.
Anyone who thinks that everything will be back to "normal" as of October 17th...
Is mistaken!
And much of this is. of course, good riddance.

Clearly, the PRC had to reign in what WAS an extremely lax visa policy.
But, of course, every country that evolves into a "First World" country starts following the lead of all those countries before them.
From immigration laws, tax laws and by-laws to in-laws...
The grasping hand of government is large and in charge.

Unfortunately, the recent "enforcement" of existing laws has had an adverse affect.
How badly, is anyone's guess, however if the yet unpublished numbers from the Canton Trade Fair are what some believe them to be, then some damage has been done.
And the continuing ramifications, are as yet unmeasured, will tell another tale.
And that is, China is not the only place to do business.

We shall see if this was worth it or not?
Getting rid of a few losers is right, of course, but at what cost?

[ Last edited by wowzers at 2008-5-8 05:21 AM ]
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-8 13:34:39 |Display all floors

it's interesting all the informations that run around in the internet

nothing has majorly changede though! Before, if one tok great care of looking at the visa applications you could read that certain visas had to be applied "only in the country of origin" of the applicant. I know many time this was not really enforced. Now it is being enforced. Tough luck there! We will have to go back to our countries and obtain the new visas there.

Another question is what will happen, once we are back? Because should any problem arise, say documents or so, how is somebody going to be able to convince and employer to re-send all the papers back?

As for business visitors, well seems the 3,6, 12 at free will is long lived already! It's gonna be tough for some to demonstarte that they need a longer than 30 days stay visa. But then again, it would be useful that the Government posts clear instructions and rules to follow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-8 13:42:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-8 13:46:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-8 14:08:51 |Display all floors

I see less a problem from people living in Guangdong

than somebody doing business in say....Beijing.

Before we used to live in Guangdong. We would take a bus from our estate gate and go staright into Hong Kong for a weekend or a day shopping, then back home. It took just a small queing time at Huang Gang border station and that was it. For those business people living in Guangdong there is going to be certainly a hassle but less. At the end of the day the bus fare is a merely hundred RMB!

For the same case business man/woman doing business in north or  north-east China, situation is going to be a bit more stressful. Plane tickets, a few days stay in Hong Kong and plane tickets back. Yes, these people are going to suffer a lot of inconveniences. And this is certainly going to affect their will to do active business in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.