Author: expatter

Visas [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-2 16:42:58 |Display all floors

Reply #14 zglobal's post

I just got back from the most gruelling trip to renew my visa and was told that I could only extend for 30 days. After that, I need the residence visa, but my employer won't issue me with one, so it seems that my time in China is coming to an end, sadly. The Olympics can't be over soon enough for me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 16:50:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 20:58:54 |Display all floors

If it is anything like I have seen...

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 5/2/2008 03:42 AM
I just got back from the most gruelling trip to renew my visa and was told that I could only extend for 30 days. After that, I need the residence visa, but my employer won't issue me with one, so it seems that my time in China is coming to an end, sadly. The Olympics can't be over soon enough for me!  

Originally posted by zglobal at 5/2/2008 03:50 AM
Yes, that's the way it is now...

Why won't your employer issue you one?

Seems odd

... in the North American and European Business Journals - P.R. China is trying to limit the number of foreigners in China at the time of the Olympics.  One can only watch so many people before security can get fraided at the edges.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 21:33:03 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-6 09:59:19 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-6 10:10:52 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-6 12:24:24 |Display all floors
China has all rights to implement visa procedures as they wish. Tough or relaxed. The effect will be what will be according to the actions.
For example, the USA has exactly the same rights and they force their current policy , so for Doberman the USA has not been discovered yet.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.