Author: wanzheli

Auto industry feels the pain of inflation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-29 13:18:32 |Display all floors
Toyota is possibly the largest maker in the US

They also employ more US workers than GM and Ford, believe it or not. As long as they continue to employ my countrymen, I don't care if they sell more cars than GM or Ford. Toyota has come a long way over the past 20 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 13:23:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wanzheli at 2008-4-29 11:23

This is also what i wanted to discuss. In the US ,there are roughly three major car companies: GM,Ford and Cherysler (i guess so as i have never been to there ) .Consideing the huge market of the ...

beside the 3 US companies, there are 3 big Japanese there, TOYOTA being market leader as OVERTOOK GM in sales past 1-2 years, Honda & Nissan........

The Korean are in to.........

as for the US companies, their killer are COSTs esp. overheads to cover pension/health care........ & as all people know BIG CC's car with HIGH oil prices, who can afford????
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 13:24:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by meiguodiyi at 2008-4-29 13:18

They also employ more US workers than GM and Ford, believe it or not. As long as they continue to employ my countrymen, I don't care if they sell more cars than GM or Ford. Toyota has come a ...

NO, i have seen the charts, they keep in par or is a bit lower................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 13:27:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wanzheli at 2008-4-28 18:54

Sure, most Chinese companies started from the bottom and some worked for foreign famous brands first. For instance, Chinese car maker Brillance at the begining started as an OEM of BMW, after it  ...

we buy Only one UK car company ie LOTUS so that we can use the technology for our LATEST car model............the 1st few models did not go well as technology problem but now the newer ones are making a comeback into the market

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 16:06:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-4-29 10:25
YOu must be joking.

We see all the nice furniture "made in China" at Ikea.
We see all the plasma TV "made in China" at our local hypermarket.
We see those very high quality ...

Thanks for saying that. It boosts my confidence in Chinese products. As a fresh graduate out of school , i have little idea of how Made-in-China is valued in the world. I would have a chance to observe when i get abroad.
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 16:10:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-4-29 10:27
Because of this, it will find any way to "discredit" China as it did with "Korea, Japan and in the past Germany".

It's rather pleasing that the ex-world hyperpower regards  ...

I think you are much more objective in commenting on Chinese products. I would like to add an point that it's not just simple as Jealousy but rather FEAR, which means Made-in-China would pour into their market and damage their already weak ,low-efficiency and high-cost industries
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 16:12:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wanzheli at 2008-4-29 16:06

Thanks for saying that. It boosts my confidence in Chinese products. As a fresh graduate out of school , i have little idea of how Made-in-China is valued in the world. I would have a chance to ...

i have many things made in China in my home which i bought past few years.....

i also like chinese teas as well ginseng..............

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.