Author: wanzheli

Auto industry feels the pain of inflation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-29 10:29:00 |Display all floors

Ask the British! They were target of Amerikan jealousy!

Of course, in a 5 power arrangement.

You got to be careful of each other.

The Empire that gains the maximum number of friends while have enough "internal strength" would survive very well.

cheerios!

Red Dragon
God of Happiness

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 10:31:36 |Display all floors

I am talking on facts and just observation.

I am not on any body side.

only those that are on the "good grace of the force".

and now with so many "strings", i don't even know who's who anymore!

crazy

Yoda

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 10:34:54 |Display all floors

Hey? Any Chinese made cars which is a "Camry" look-a-like?

and sells at half price but with same quality of fitting and engines?

I will definately buy it.
Nowadays, a new camry cost Rmb290,000 a unit in Malaya.

If China manufacturer can make a Rmb150,000 unit, WOW!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
God of Prosperity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 11:23:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-4-28 23:33
Wan,

I have an odd question for you, actually. In the US and Europe, the plethora of car companies were rapidly reduced to a handful with the former companies becoming brands of the latter. How  ...

This is also what i wanted to discuss. In the US ,there are roughly three major car companies: GM,Ford and Cherysler (i guess so as i have never been to there ) .Consideing the huge market of the US, the market concentration is quite remarkable. Take a look at China, it's just the world No.3 three car market and has the potential to become No.2. However, how many Car companies China has! FAW,Dongfeng, SAIC,Guangzhou Auto Group, these are are the most powerful ones and are considered "the national team And there are still some local and private owned ones: Chery, Chang'an, Beijing Auto Group, Foton, Haima, Brillance, Geely, JAC, Kinglong, ChangHe, i am sure there are more than these i can call the name.
As far as i know, this phenomenon has deep root causes. Firstly and most importantly is that the market is not unified as we may believe under the cover of China and the local govenrment plays too big a role in developing car companies as its investment intensive industry which means financial support is indeed necessary. Anhui rpovincial government wants to develop its own auto industry and promote its economy, so it helped funded Chery and supported JAC quite much.  Other provinces just do the primarily same thing. Secondly, the auto industry of China is only in its infantry, so it's understandable that so manr car companies co-exist. As the market becoming mature, i am sure a number of them will be acquired or mergered. We already have an case, Dongfeng Group just bought Hafei which is a small car company specialized in making mini cars and vans. I guess such cases will continue to come out ,wait and see:)
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 11:39:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-4-29 10:34
and sells at half price but with same quality of fitting and engines?

I will definately buy it.
Nowadays, a new camry cost Rmb290,000 a unit in Malaya.

If China manufacturer can make a Rmb ...

I suggest you buy Chery's Dongfangzhizi OR Brillance's Junjie or Zunchi ,these cars are considered mid-to-high-level passenger cars but are a lot cheaper than their foreign competitors:)
P.S I am not working for either of these two :)
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 11:44:27 |Display all floors

Reply #33 wanzheli's post

why can't Chinese car manufacturer have different brand names for different markets.

it's so "cheezy" to pronounce those brands in Malaya or any english speaking nation.

ha ha ha

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-29 12:02:16 |Display all floors
Wan,

Oh, it's quite remarkable, I think. In Germany, for example, you have Daimler, BMW, Porsche and Volkswagen for some eighty-odd million people. But the difference between the companies is huge: Volkswagen accounts for almost all of the production, the others being luxury makers serving relatively small global markets. I know that consolidation in the US had a lot to do with an all-out war that lasted decades between GM, Ford and Chrysler which ended most of the smaller makers. Of course, much of US auto manufacturing is actually from foreign-owned companies: Toyota is possibly the largest maker in the US (it is, I believe, at least the largest seller, but I don't know quite how much it produces here).

I don't think China will see that, however, because closely held private companies are not likely to sell out to the SOEs and the SOEs simply cannot be purchased by the private companies. Since it hasn't happened already, I'd figure that you'd see private consolidation and the long, slow death of the SOEs.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.