Author: iii3hairs

France wants European Union to decide on Olympic boycott [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-18 08:07:40 |Display all floors

4-ever lying .

When Napoleon S. pronounced , with fanfare and flurry , that he is going to boycott the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony , it was a very hurtful act for the Chinese .  They have spent lots of money and efforts to try and make this a success and to invite foreign head of states to the party . For Nap to boycott is a slap in the face . The hurt is compounded with the total lack of substance or excuse . The unfriendliness  was further reinforced when the Torch was attacked at will while in Paris . What do you think the Chinese should do under these circumstances ? Do a roll over , lie down  and be a door mat to the French , inviting them to clean their shoes on our faces ?

The Chinese , like everyone else , do not wish to travel to countries who slap them . Who knows what the ordinary Frenchman may have in store for the Chinese tourist while there ?

You are now showing off that you have " Chinese employees " ( read I am a capitalist with investments ) and you are twisting  the recommendation as some draconian dictatorial decree forbidding all Chinese from traveling to France .  Your dirty tricks are too crude to work . If you believe what you said yourself , there would be ONE person in the world who believes it .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 22:45:37 |Display all floors
You forgot to mention that thugs dusguising as monks try to blackmail China during Olmpics.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 22:47:37 |Display all floors

Go France Go France

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-20 22:48:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-6-20 23:43

Not sure if you two German guys get so confused over your English: 44 clearly stated that the Chinese staff at his company asked why the FRENCH government wasn't welcoming Chinese tourists any  ...

May I correct you. Here is what cheesy wrote:

The Chinese government has instructed all the Chinese travel agencies to take out France from their offerings.
Chinese tourism in France has dropped by 25 % because of that.

and my comment was to his statement and I just said that it was a recommendation, not an instruction. If it had been an instruction (order) the drop in tourists would have been significantly higher than just 25%.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 22:59:22 |Display all floors

You are only supporting my point

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-20 23:10:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 441424 at 2008-6-20 23:59

a government recommendation is "strong" enough for Chinese travel agencies to take out all France offerings.

Very strange influence of a government on a private industry.

That's ...

Bulls**t, not all tours were taken out. Why do U always spread rumors?  

Even if all the tours were taken out (which is not the case), I could understand it. Who wants to send people to a country that organized paid thugs to attack the torch relay and even a physically handicapped girl? This was unique and will have a longer lasting effect, I bet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-20 23:12:25 |Display all floors

You are accusing me of spreading rumors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.